Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Ok, here you go:

Have fun, and remember to be here next monday at around 11 AM EST for announcement. I can't wait to share my pick with you :)

I was thinking of a link between the protagonist's name in the movie (Kevin Lomax) and the ethnomusicologist Alan Lomax.
Alan Lomax has one of his recordings associated with Spain, but it's earlier than any of Camaron's recordings.

Antonio Vargas Cortes aka El Potito is still alive. And was born in 1976, so unless we're looking for a very small child singing, probably all of his stuff post-dates 1982.

It LOOKS like those two songs were released after 1982. and Tomatito is still alive. Suggesting that the clue is not directed to Tomatito as the artist on the album but rather a participant. And Tomatito played guitar on the front runner.
Apparently Tomatito and Cortes are actually in the movie? The second song you mentioned is from a Tomatito album, Barrio Negro (1992), that has Camaron singing on one song.

I’m excited for Monday! This was a fun month. @ThePakoBuelna has a tough act to follow!
Thanks! It's been super fun to do this, and I can't thank you all enough for playing along and investing yourselves to guessing, discussing and listening.
I'm too eager for Monday to be here, and for my friend @ThePakoBuelna's turn next month.

Back