Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

What about the one with the Native Brazilian tribal members?

That was more cringe-worthy than all The Office episodes stacked together.

WTF was that. Holy shirt, I've never seen that. Just when I thought it couldn't be more embarrasing, she decided to take that child's hand and make him dance like her.
The guy at 3:12, I don't know if he's sleeping, embarrased, or trying not to kill her.

@agutierrezb , you're an architect, right? Do you find it interesting that my man Chico Buarque -- who has a bunch o' writing credits compared to singing -- studied architecture?
Hmmm I didn't know he studied architecture. It was huge when I found out that most ot the members of Pink Floyd went to architecture school. Or Ice Cube studying architectural drafting.

I think the Ice Cube was definitely a bigger revelation

Vinicius De Moreas?
A quick search on Discogs and I just ended back with Elis Regina.... That can't be right.

@agutierrezb , you're an architect, right? Do you find it interesting that my man Chico Buarque -- who has a bunch o' writing credits compared to singing -- studied architecture?
So, an album that has credits by Chico Buarque (it can't be one of his albums as he's still alive)

seriously wtf.png

I seriously need some days off, the hint about River Terrace is messing with my head.
That's Joao Gilberto. He died a few months ago, so... yeah, he has something to do with that place. I can't realize how.

I hope it's Elis Regina. I already have an OG Brazilian press of this fantastic record (probably my favorite Brazilian album) but need more of her music in my collection. Last year I went to see Elis Regina's daughter Maria Rita in Paris. She's a great singer as well, I recommend her first self titled album (it needs a repress).

View attachment 16848

I seriously need some days off, the hint about River Terrace is messing with my head.
That's Joao Gilberto. He died a few months ago, so... yeah, he has something to do with that place. I can't realize how.
That's a good one. Most of his early records were released on the Odeon label (which is owned by EMI, which is owned by Unversal which also owns Philips!) Stretch? Sure but, desperate times require desperate measures!

so are we getting a bootleg pressing or something.. because elis and tom was reissued recently (in brazil)

no discogs sellers though

Don't trip too much about the availability, because I sure didn't think about it that much when picking the album. Every record was an option as long as I could buy it for not too much money somewhere online.

Back