Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Also, fwiw @agutierrezb made it a point to state Marvin Gaye performed at the 1980 festival when I made my Marvin guess.

So 1977-1978 album release with a 1980 performance at Montreux maybe?
View attachment 16158

With that being said. I will say Jorge Ben Jor - Tropical released in 1977 on PHILLIPS RECORDS

sorry Marvin

EDIT: Also, lines up with the "narrowing it down to ~20 albums" comment he alluded to up in this thread somewhere
hmm.. more jorge ben

pretty good

It looks like my guess Tropicalia: ou Panis et Circensis was released by Philips. so, if that is the meaning of the soccer clue, my guess still works!

Until the next clue inevitably and totally eliminates it.

It's always been in the back of my mind to get this album. Maybe this will give me an excuse. Any reason its not stream-able on itunes?

It's always been in the back of my mind to get this album. Maybe this will give me an excuse. Any reason its not stream-able on itunes?
I haven’t seen it available to stream as an album on Spotify either, but I found songs from it. It’s my understanding it was inspired by Sgt. Pepper? I listened to a couple of songs and...it’s really damn good.

I haven’t seen it available to stream as an album on Spotify either, but I found songs from it. It’s my understanding it was inspired by Sgt. Pepper? I listened to a couple of songs and...it’s really damn good.

A good book about the period if you are interested.

A good book about the period if you are interested.

Cool! I'll have to check that out! My knowledge of Brazilian history/culture/etc. basically consists of (1) watching City of God, (2) watching a few world cup games, (3) eating at three Brazilian restaurants, (4) owning Sepultura albums on CD in the mid-90s (5) knowing that Portuguese is the language and (6) owning Africa Brasil and Getz/Gilberto. There may or may not have also been a viewing of late-80s/early 90s erotic thrillers set at Carnival because I was a teenager once. I'm happy to learn much more!

Back