Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Last edited:
Ok, I just updated the first post with a corrected version of the lyric booklet (shoutout to those who pointed the typos to me), a printable version for those who would like to have a fisical copy, and a quick video showing how to put the booklet together. Check them out and let me know if you have any questions.

Is this something we could use those do it yourself publishing companies to print out nicely? I used one a while back to print a vacation album. Anybody have any ideas?

Is this something we could use those do it yourself publishing companies to print out nicely? I used one a while back to print a vacation album. Anybody have any ideas?

I think if I was getting someone else to do it I’d go down to the local print shop places that print up work/club pamphlets and the like.

Yes, that should work. Just have them print the file as it is (meaning, don't change the order of the pages) on both sides of the paper, and then fold the whole thing by half. If they can staple or sew the booklet for you, that would be great, but if not, you can staple it yourself like shown on the video.

Yes, that should work. Just have them print the file as it is (meaning, don't change the order of the pages) on both sides of the paper, and then fold the whole thing by half. If they can staple or sew the booklet for you, that would be great, but if not, you can staple it yourself like shown on the video.
for better results, polished flame red nails might be necessary

if you can get a good deal, I'll be happy to hop on your train.
(I can paypal all costs, including shipping)

I’ll investigate later in the week, it’s a good excuse for a longer lunch one day! I’ll put prices up and will happily print multiples and split the cost with any of the Irish crew if i can get a good deal!

Ok, I just updated the first post with a corrected version of the lyric booklet (shoutout to those who pointed the typos to me), a printable version for those who would like to have a physical copy, and a quick video showing how to put the booklet together. Check them out and let me know if you have any questions.
This is really above and beyond. Fantastic job.
Loved the video, reminded me of Wes Anderson!
You really knocked it out of the park.
My record arrived in Brazil today and should be in my hands next week, tops!

Thanks for your words! They mean a lot to me. Me and my girlfriend invested ourselves into this because it is an album we both love, and wanted to help everyone immerse themselves into the vivid world the record evokes for us.

Couldn't agree more with @gafacaode, the printable booklet is just lovely! I will print and keep it in the sleeve.

There you go, both Rosalia records ordered.

I knew you would. Now you should listen to the other Camaron's records :devilish:

There you go, both Rosalia records ordered.
I chose Rosalía as part of the "Further listening" selection not only because she is a contemporary flamenco artist most of you are somewhat familiar with, but also because she is a great example of how far the fusion kickstarted by La leyenda has gone. It is no wonder that Rosalia mentions Camaron in one of her songs, or that she cited the first moment she heard his music as the moment she felt in love with flamenco.

I chose Rosalía as part of the "Further listening" selection not only because she is a contemporary flamenco artist most of you are somewhat familiar with, but also because she is a great example of how far the fusion kickstarted by La leyenda has gone. It is no wonder that Rosalia mentions Camaron in one of her songs, or that she cited the first moment she heard his music as the moment she felt in love with flamenco.

I love how she went from a quite traditional album with Los Angeles to a much more modern / fusion approach on El Mal Querer. Not so fan of the last singles that are going too much into R'n'B territory though.

Back