Needles & Grooves AotM///Vol. 32 February 2022/// The Faint - Wet From Birth

Two of their best! I absolutely love NOFX and really owe a lot of my musical life to them.
Agree, although I have to admit that they release so much that what they are missing is this one stellar album. They have heaps of great songs but there's some filler or throwaway stuff on every album

Agree, although I have to admit that they release so much that what they are missing is this one stellar album. They have heaps of great songs but there's some filler or throwaway stuff on every album
I generally agree - although there are a few (War On Errorism, Wolves In Wolves Clothing, So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes) that I think are close.

I generally agree - although there are a few (War On Errorism, Wolves In Wolves Clothing, So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes) that I think are close.
For me closest is probably white trash... but I like so long as well, never listened to the later ones that much. War on errorism I just think did not age that well since it is so much their anti-bush album

I'm a Punk in Drublic guy, myself. I remember seeing NOFX during the Heavy Petting Zoo tour and they threw blow up doll sheep into the audience. My brother came home with a Heavy Petting Zoo shirt, which my mom immediately banned. Great band.

On Nas... I've got nothing. The screenshot is apparently from a masterclass where he discusses telling your life story through music and specifically New York State of Mind. He's from Queens? Of course it probably means none of those things. My dreams of being a detective are slipping through my grasp.

It's Masterpiece by Big Thief.

• Released in the Year of the Monkey (2016).
  • On Saddle Creek, which is based out of Omaha - but the band is not based out of Omaha, which is what made us warm, not hot.
  • The members of Big Thief seem pretty chill and like the type who would be willing to come by and do a Q&A.
  • NEEDLES does give a 20% discount at Saddle Creek - at least on The Faint's album so far.
  • It's not reggae
  • The title of the puzzle is 4, and there are 4 words - Big Thief has 4 members
  • The words in the puzzle are a red herring
  • The eighth clue and the seeming to spell Saddle (Creek) with the albums that didn't make the cut is another red herring
  • Not too sure how @DevonJD ties into all this
  • Nas is from New York (Queens) so are Big Thief (Brooklyn)
  • Paganini's 24 Caprices for Solo Violin are considered a masterpiece, Big Thief's album is called Masterpiece

It's Masterpiece by Big Thief.

• Released in the Year of the Monkey (2016).
  • On Saddle Creek, which is based out of Omaha - but the band is not based out of Omaha, which is what made us warm, not hot.
  • The members of Big Thief seem pretty chill and like the type who would be willing to come by and do a Q&A.
  • NEEDLES does give a 20% discount at Saddle Creek - at least on The Faint's album so far.
  • It's not reggae
  • The title of the puzzle is 4, and there are 4 words - Big Thief has 4 members
  • The words in the puzzle are a red herring
  • The eighth clue and the seeming to spell Saddle (Creek) with the albums that didn't make the cut is another red herring
  • Not too sure how @DevonJD ties into all this
  • Nas is from New York (Queens) so are Big Thief (Brooklyn)
  • Paganini's 24 Caprices for Solo Violin are considered a masterpiece, Big Thief's album is called Masterpiece
That album is appropriately titled, that is for sure. i can't see @scotthilk picking that, though.

Back