Needles & Grooves AotM///Vol. 32 February 2022/// The Faint - Wet From Birth

@mgp Looks like you saved the word search image so you probably saw the title of it. Not a new clue; just won’t be able to sleep at night until someone else sees that
Ha! I hadn't even put together that clue #6 was titled #4.png!

You're doing a great job here. I don't feel any closer to solving the puzzle, but I'm having fun.

So, the word search, which I went crosseyed looking at, was actually not the point. It was the #4 that was hidden in the file name (and maybe also that there were 4 actual words hidden in puzzle). So... it's someone's 4th album? Maybe?

Or 4 members in the "group" perhaps? That's been my leading theory.

So, the word search, which I went crosseyed looking at, was actually not the point. It was the #4 that was hidden in the file name (and maybe also that there were 4 actual words hidden in puzzle). So... it's someone's 4th album? Maybe?

It wasn't intentionally meant to work as an album hint, but it just might...

The Thermals ‎– We Disappear

Released in 2016 (Year of the Monkey)
...on Saddle Creek, based out of Omaha (warm, rather than the hot we'd be if the band were from here?)
......while they have since disbanded, a lead member could still be available for a Q&A
.........Saddle Creek seems like a label that would do a discount code for our motley crew
............it is not reggae
there are four (4) members of the band

and...

• APPLES: "An apple a day..." points to the song Years in a Day
  • DEATH: points to the songs If We Don't Die Today and The Great Dying
  • STEEL: is cold, which points to the song My Heart Went Cold
  • DISPATCH: is a message, like a Thinking of You or a Hey You

...and the red herring at us focusing too much on Omaha and Nebraska as being where the band is from, rather than simply the label (warm, not hot)

...probably a stretch, but that's where my head's been at.

The Thermals ‎– We Disappear

Released in 2016 (Year of the Monkey)
...on Saddle Creek, based out of Omaha (warm, rather than the hot we'd be if the band were from here?)
......while they have since disbanded, a lead member could still be available for a Q&A
.........Saddle Creek seems like a label that would do a discount code for our motley crew
............it is not reggae
there are four (4) members of the band

and...

• APPLES: "An apple a day..." points to the song Years in a Day
  • DEATH: points to the songs If We Don't Die Today and The Great Dying
  • STEEL: is cold, which points to the song My Heart Went Cold
  • DISPATCH: is a message, like a Thinking of You or a Hey You

...and the red herring at us focusing too much on Omaha and Nebraska as being where the band is from, rather than simply the label (warm, not hot)

...probably a stretch, but that's where my head's been at.
This is great, and unlocks another clue:

Clue #8) Finding an "Album That Didn't Make The Cut" starting with "L" was significantly harder than finding one that started with "D".

Back