Needles & Grooves AotM///Vol. 31 January 2022///La Femme - Paradigmes

lets think about what kind of music SFP likes... then that will narrow it down to new orleans artists that are readily available on vinyl with red and blue

could it be that Red and Blue clue is simply R&B?

so, an R&B artist from New Orleans?
mmmmmmhhh, it doesn't narrow it down at all.

blind guess
Tank and the Bangas (not strictly R&B but they really mix it all)
Green Balloon

alright i am DRUNK because its finals week and i make questionable life choices so i'll give a .5 hint:

new orleans

Okay new guess, Lainey Wilson's Sayin' What I'm Thinkin'

1. She's not Isaac Brock
2. "It's when you take your blue collar off and let your neck turn red" - lyrics from "Straight Up Sideways"
3. She's from Baskin, not New Orleans, but for the purposes of this exercise I'll say (don't shoot me @nolalady) close enough.
4. SFP is a fan.

Red and blue immediately had me thinking of this, but I don't think it's readily available on vinyl (and I can't make the NOLA clue work for it either):

R-1600897-1251067022.jpeg.jpg

220px-Sting_The_Dream_of_the_Blue_Turtles_CD_cover.JPG

So on Stings Dream of the BLUE turtles, there is this song called Russians ( which clearly were the RED side of the cold war).
And we have Moon over Bourbon street, which is an interview with a vampire New Orleans song.
so case closed, it's Sting. And sting is neither modest nor a mouse nor Isaac brock

Got it!!

1. Not Modest Mouse
2. Blue and red cover art
3. Track “Nouvelle Orleans”
4. They’re not *from* NOLA
5. Band name is La Femme
6. Track name “Le jardin”
7. “Few bands have invigorated French pop like La Femme over the last decade, and in 2021, they’re coming to make all of our lives better.”

Trying to google the woman garden pop, the only band that came up where this
1638783869343.png
I cannot fit the clues but it least i learned that Annie Lennox and Dave Steward where in a band together before Eurythmics

Back