Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

I feel confident in assuming she's in the above list somewhere. There are some very obvious Teeee-sized picks in there and most would thrill me and I may even already have it onhand. I know she's trying to throw us off that list but I think the person is in there even if they are part of a abnd and have a solo effort of their own. But really, I think the artist is named on their own line in there.

I went to a Brazilian steakhouse once in Boston where staff would carry around cuts of meat (and chicken hearts) around on long pieces of cutlery and constantly come up to the table asking if we wanted the cut of meat they were carrying. It was awesome! Is that something that’s actually done in Brazil or is that an Americanization? Also, Guarana is good!
There used to be one of them in Manchester, I loved it so much....

That style of serving is called rodízio here. It is extremely popular. Guaraná is great, Antarctica is my favorite.
The best drink to start a BBQ is a caipirinha IMO. Look it up, it's delicious but a little treacherous;)

OMG. You all do realize you are talking about meat in a thread a vegetarian started? If there ever were rails, we've gone off them so far, they are no longer in sight.

Sorry @Teeeee! I always have vegetarian options on my grill though, so we're good?

This is my truncated list where I will start looking. I'd say this could easily be cut in half by some of the basic clues like 4th album in this decade and born in the USA (I think we may have already explicitly eliminated a few):

Natalie Merchant
Shawn Colvin
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Emmylou Harris
Gillian Welch
Aimee Mann
Ani DiFranco
Lucinda Williams
Pixies
Patty Griffin
Indigo Girls
Linda Rondstadt
Alison Krauss
Cat Power
Cowboy Junkies
Joan Baez
Neko Case
Mavis Staples
Tegan and Sara
The Head and the Heart
Alabama Shakes
Sharon Van Etten
Feist
Beth Orton
Shovels & Rope
Courtney Barnett
Angel Olsen
Norah Jones
case/lang/veirs
Julien Baker
Suzanne Vega
Natalie Prass
Big Thief
Julia Jacklin
St. Vincent
Phoebe Bridgers
Jen Cloher
Dolly Parton
Kacey Musgraves
Sheryl Crow
Lucy Dacus
Haley Heynderickx
Our Native Daughters (Rhiannon Giddens, Allison Russell, Leyla McCalla, and Amythyst Kiah)
Molly Tuttle
Yola
Nilüfer Yanya

Also, I'm still praying it can be SVE.

Natalie Merchant
Shawn Colvin

Mary Chapin Carpenter
Emmylou Harris
Gillian Welch
Aimee Mann
Ani DiFranco
Lucinda Williams
Pixies
Patty Griffin
Indigo Girls
Linda Rondstadt
Alison Krauss
Cat Power

Cowboy Junkies
Joan Baez
Neko Case
Mavis Staples
Tegan and Sara

The Head and the Heart
Alabama Shakes
Sharon Van Etten
Feist
Beth Orton
Shovels & Rope
Courtney Barnett
Angel Olsen
Norah Jones
case/lang/veirs
Julien Baker
Suzanne Vega
Natalie Prass
Big Thief
Julia Jacklin

St. Vincent
Phoebe Bridgers
Jen Cloher
Dolly Parton

Kacey Musgraves
Sheryl Crow
Lucy Dacus
Haley Heynderickx
Our Native Daughters (Rhiannon Giddens, Allison Russell, Leyla McCalla, and Amythyst Kiah)
Molly Tuttle
Yola
Nilüfer Yanya

Immediately struck through ones I recognized started way too early to have 4th LP in 2010's, don't have 4 LP's yet, or are not US born.

There are probably more that can be struck out too

The Head and the Heart
Sharon Van Etten
Shovels & Rope
Angel Olsen
St. Vincent

These are all that were left over when I did more research.

Some other possibilities missing though, like:

Jesca Hoop
Nicole Atkins
Valerie June

that you somehow overlooked with your initial list, so maybe there are more missing?

Yep Lucy Dacus, Phoebe Bridgers, Our Native Daughters, Julian Baker, Angel Olsen (4th Out in Oct), Alabama Shakes, all haven’t made it to 4 yet

EDIT: @Goatfish beat me to it lol

The Head and the Heart
Sharon Van Etten
Shovels & Rope
Angel Olsen
St. Vincent

These are all that were left over when I did more research.

Some other possibilities missing though, like:

Jesca Hoop
Nicole Atkins
Valerie June

that you somehow overlooked with your initial list, so maybe there are more missing?
Those girls where in my initial list of all females at the festival. the list you were striking through was my artificially limited list based on my reads on Teeeee.

Those girls where in my initial list of all females at the festival. the list you were striking through was my artificially limited list based on my reads on Teeeee.
But the actual clues you deemed irrelevant?

I had a very clear idea what was going on in this thread and where I would take my clues. You all were confused but I was holding strong in my confidence.

I now have no idea where we are. You have confused the eff out of me. I still know what I picked. But I'm not sure what road you all are on. Lol.

I'm gonna go get my hair cut. Because right now it looks like a combination of Harry Styles and Justin Bieber hair. And although they are both cute, I'm a grown ass woman and it is not a cute look on me. ;)

I had a very clear idea what was going on in this thread and where I would take my clues. You all were confused but I was holding strong in my confidence.

I now have no idea where we are. You have confused the eff out of me. I still know what I picked. But I'm not sure what road you all are on. Lol.

I'm gonna go get my hair cut. Because right now it looks like a combination of Harry Styles and Justin Bieber hair. And although they are both cute, I'm a grown ass woman and it is not a cute look on me. ;)

tbt.gif

Natalie Merchant
Shawn Colvin

Mary Chapin Carpenter
Emmylou Harris
Gillian Welch
Aimee Mann
Ani DiFranco
Lucinda Williams
Pixies
Patty Griffin
Indigo Girls
Linda Rondstadt
Alison Krauss
Cat Power

Cowboy Junkies
Joan Baez
Neko Case
Mavis Staples
Tegan and Sara

The Head and the Heart
Alabama Shakes
Sharon Van Etten
Feist
Beth Orton
Shovels & Rope
Courtney Barnett
Angel Olsen
Norah Jones
case/lang/veirs
Julien Baker
Suzanne Vega
Natalie Prass
Big Thief
Julia Jacklin

St. Vincent
Phoebe Bridgers
Jen Cloher
Dolly Parton

Kacey Musgraves
Sheryl Crow
Lucy Dacus
Haley Heynderickx
Molly Tuttle
Yola
Nilüfer Yanya

Immediately struck through ones I recognized started way too early to have 4th LP in 2010's, don't have 4 LP's yet, or are not US born.

There are probably more that can be struck out too

You can eliminate Aimee Mann, Cowboy Junkies and Ani diFranco from that list, their 4th album didn't come out on this decade. Case/Lang/veirs made only one album together, so that's another one out.
Jesca Hoop should be back on this list, btw

I also wanted to thank @Teeeee for forcing me (and probably others) to dig into some amazing women's discography, because as we all know this is still a men's world, and it shouldn't.
Yay! I'm super excited for the artist I chose to get some more ears on it. But this warms my heart more! ALL of the artists you are listening to in the quest for this month's artist are benefitting. Even if they aren't the one chosen.

YAY!

Who run the world????

:love::love:

I also wanted to thank @Teeeee for forcing me (and probably others) to dig into some amazing women's discography, because as we all know this is still a men's world, and it shouldn't.
I found it intersting how increasingly male the lists got as the festival aged. Personally, I am strongly gender biased towards women vocalists, especially with regards to folk music.

The Head and the Heart seems like it has an awful lot of dudes in it to be the pick...
Agreed. I tried to keep the original list to acts that had at least one female in it. It is somewhat possible I overlooked 1 or 2 but that particular list of artists fits my strong suit so I would be pretty surprised if I missed anything obvious.

Back