Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol 26 -August 2021 /// TEENAGE FANCLUB “Grand Prix” 1995

The firsttime I saw the fannies was at pink pop 95 where they played a Sunday afternoon set to a not quite packed lawn and every time they played a song from "grand prix" they would announce it with " this is from our latest record which is just climbing up the British charts" with a big grin

Thank you for this pick. I wore out bandwagonesque and never really gave any other of their albums a chance. Plus in the states during that time Brit pop was relatively unheard of, especially in my small college town of Knoxville. I am in no way trying to steal any thunder here, but listening to TF, reminds me of a band that dropped their first record in 1996, Superdrag. They are from Knoxville and I went to school with one of the bandmembers, so I was quite fond of them. The first time I head Regretfully Yours, my first thought was Teenage Fanclub. Most here will recognize Who Sucked Out the Feeling. Anywho, great pick. Bravo.

I just spun this and it's great! Any reason you picked this over Bandwagonesque?
My first Teenage Album ..I just think it’s more polished , more mature ..and perfect ..Bandwagonesque production is a bit lumpy ..they reached pop perfection on Grand Prix...and Northern Britain is just as good too

Anyone looking for a copy in the US/Canada for under $30 shipped. I was able to purchase the 2021 reissue From German record store, JPC for $28.20 USD shipped to the US.

And based on comparisons it does appear to be the new 2021 reissue and not the 2018 Plain Pressing (the version everyone should try to avoid).

Anyone looking for a copy in the US/Canada for under $30 shipped. I was able to purchase the 2021 reissue From German record store, JPC for $28.20 USD shipped to the US.

And based on comparisons it does appear to be the new 2021 reissue and not the 2018 Plain Pressing (the version everyone should try to avoid).

I've typically paid less shipping for things from Juno than I have to for things from Canada. Which is utterly ridiculous and shows just how out of whack our shipping prices are up here!

I've typically paid less shipping for things from Juno than I have to for things from Canada. Which is utterly ridiculous and shows just how out of whack our shipping prices are up here!
Yeah, shipping in the US is dirt cheap (if sent via media mail) So it’s always a bit of a gut punch when I have to pay international shipping costs but JPC shipping cost to the US is really just a few dollars more than media mail. They package stuff very heartily as well which I appreciate. Since it’s rare that I receive a record from overseas that doesn’t have some sort of damage to the jacket.

Last edited:
Back