Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 25 - July 2021 // Dota - Kaleko

I‘m positing that it’s most likely going to be in Portuguese, German or Italian…
tumblr_mwi1hyNUMl1qkb565o1_400.gif

i feel german is really likely.. as well as maybe languages exclusive to Africa like zulu or swahili or kongo...

japanese is a possibility but I don't think any clues could imply that

i feel german is really likely.. as well as maybe languages exclusive to Africa like zulu or swahili or kongo...
It's not the rotm but I think more people should listen to the new blk jks album abantu / before humans. It somehow seems to get completely overlooked

also random guess from looking at the greys anatomy OSTs...

a lot of Swedish artists... sweden is a big option here
I do indeed listen to a bunch of Swedish bands but have to admit mostly those singing in English. While everyone loves jens Lekman I must admit I enjoy Pelle Carlberg a lot more, but his stuff only got no vinyl releases

Last edited:
It's not the rotm but I think more people should listen to the new blk jks album abantu / before humans. It somehow seems to get completely overlooked
"Harare" was one of my top ten songs for May. I was a little more mixed on the full album than I'd hoped to be on first listen, but its definitely in the listen to this more folder.

Clue#9
Bild1.jpg
Edit:
and i add a little detail about the winning package. I have no conctacts in the music business but i sent the record company an e-mail that i was planning this rotm thread for their album and if i could buy a signed record from them for the winner of this thread. I got an e-mail reply from the artist(s) a couple of days later that they feel honored to be presented here and they gift me a signed record for the winner.

Last edited:
So it's Renato Gama, Nhocuné Soul ‎– Olhos Negros Vivo & Ogunhê!

1623225773704.png

Clue#1
Clue#2
Clue#3
Clue#4
Clue#5
Clue#6 >>>Brazilian artist like Tom Jobim and Elis Regina
Clue#7 >>>Renato Gama recently released an EP which side B is named Kreuzberg
Clue#8 >>> Renato Gama sings in Portuguese
Clue#9

It's fits 1/3 of the clues so it must be it! Even if it's not, I think I am in a new rabbit hole here with Tropical Records. Damn it!

So i put him in the spotify playlist, i just hope that does not mean he keeps on popping up on my release radar in the future

It reminds me of an afternoon spent in a bar in the Red District, Amsterdam. I had a special muffin (the kind of muffins you can find in Amsterdam..) and we ended having a beer in a schlager bar. Last thing I remember is that it started raining and we bought an umbrella. I was laughing out loud because we had the last umbrella at a normal price and right after someone else went into the shop and paid twice the price we paid for the same umbrella. So funny... The moral of this story is don't do drugs kids, nor special muffins.

1623236984151.jpeg
Clue #1:
Clue #2: ummmm
Clue #3: not sure
Clue #4: really don’t know
Clue #5: I’m sure I’ll come up with something
Clue #6: this one might be a stretch
Clue #7: I’m sure there’s some connection here
Clue #8: I believe this album is all sung in German
Clue #9: hmmm

Last edited:
Back