Needles & Grooves AOTM /// Vol. 20 - February 2021 /// Birds of Chicago - Love in Wartime

Our Native Daughters

I was about to suggest it before as I know Lee is a huge fan of this album and a huge fan of Smithsonian Folkways. It actually connects with a few clues.

The album is an eclectic folk record, with music styles from folk and blues to Appalachian string band. Technically it is their most recent album. Rhiannon Giddens was born in North Carolina. Joe must be a fan of one of her voice. Album was recorded in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. There is a song called Moon Meets The Sun. Technically, it's a band.

I was about to suggest it before as I know Lee is a huge fan of this album and a huge fan of Smithsonian Folkways. It actually connects with a few clues.

The album is an eclectic folk record, with music styles from folk and blues to Appalachian string band. Technically it is their most recent album. Rhiannon Giddens was born in North Carolina. Joe must be a fan of one of her voice. Album was recorded in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. There is a song called Moon Meets The Sun. Technically, it's a band.

Joe is a big fan of this album itself! But Rhiannon Giddens fits the bell. I remember it coming out and there being a lot furore about it on here.

Yeah so I don't believe it is it as Lee says it has never been mentionned before.

Yeah also there is a band called Chicken Shack who had as a member Ms Christine Perfect (later McVie). I love her and have always felt that she was underrated in the context of Fleetwood Mac. But i think it only really fits those two clues 😂

Clues

1. Q1.
2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
@Joe Mac is a fan of a voice featured on the album.
30.4515° N, 91.1871° W
Q2.
Joe Mac - Is this album buy a solo artist or a group/band?

answer-

View attachment 83126

Q3.
dhodo - What decade is it from?

Answer-
View attachment 83127

0. You guys are making this one harder than it is.
1. You guys have not figured this one out.
2. You guys have not figured this one out.
3. Some of you have figured this one out.
4. One of you figured this one out.
5. None of you have figured this one out.
6. You guys are making this one too hard.
7. You guys have not figured this one out.
8. You have not figured this one out.
9. You guys have not figured this one out.
10. One of you nailed this one.
11. You guys have not figured this one out.
12. One of you nailed this one.

Last edited:
Yeah also there is a band called Chicken Shack who had as a member Ms Christine Perfect (later McVie). I love her and have always felt that she was underrated in the context of Fleetwood Mac. But i think it only really fits those two clues 😂

We need a few more clues.

3. Some of you have figured this one out.
4. One of you figured this one out.
10. One of you nailed this one.
11. One of you nailed this one.

3. Some of you have figured this one out. >>> So the band played at Ryman Auditorium
4. One of you figured this one out. >>> Canadian band?
10. One of you nailed this one. >>> Can be the year, 2018. Can be a record produced, mixed or whathever by Steve Albini or at his studio
11. One of you nailed this one. >>> Must be something with Dagobah

3. Some of you have figured this one out. >>> So the band played at Ryman Auditorium
4. One of you figured this one out. >>> Canadian band?
10. One of you nailed this one. >>> Can be the year, 2018. Can be a record produced, mixed or whathever by Steve Albini or at his studio
11. One of you nailed this one. >>> Must be something with Dagobah
Check my edit. I screwed up on 11

Ok I. Gonna guess Uncle Bill
I picked this from the list as we were speaking of my Wife’s “Uncle Bill” earlier who happened to be a rather unpleasant glass half full kinda guy.
And well it’s as close as Im ever gonna get.
Im not even gonna look up Album options because I won’t be right.
Still got to randomly mention Clare’s (wife) Uncle Scrooge 😂

Yeah so I don't believe it is it as Lee says it has never been mentionned before.

I’ve thought from the start that we’ve been massively over emphasising this clue.

He said he hadn’t seen it mentioned.

That to me means that he hasn’t done a forum search and seen zero entries, it means he can’t remember seeing being talked about. Anything with a smallish number of mentions, especially if in a different context, doesn’t offend this for me, it’s just not going to be an album that the forum has got excited about.

I’ve thought from the start that we’ve been massively over emphasising this clue.

He said he hadn’t seen it mentioned.

That to me means that he hasn’t done a forum search and seen zero entries, it means he can’t remember seeing being talked about. Anything with a smallish number of mentions, especially if in a different context, doesn’t offend this for me, it’s just not going to be an album that the forum has got excited about.

How can you be sure? Are you @Lee Newman as well? @panino will be jealous!

Back