Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

Also I have been trying to make All Them Witches fit into all the clues, but alas I cannot so far.

But they'll open for Ghost in Nantes in December and that made my day. Need to get thoses tickets as soon as they drop.

Want me to help? It's probably not them, but:

How bout Sleeping Through the War?

1. Metal adjacent (kinda)
2. Released post 1994
3. Critical acclaim
4. American band
5. Red white and blue on the album art
6. Elements of stoner rock and have a single called "George dubya kush"
7. Wizards (wizards & witches)
8. Nuclear bomb = nuclear war (Sleeping through the war)
9. Released within past 10 years (2017)
10. Hit Billboard Heatseekers chart
11. Visigoth kings burned witches (https://www.suppressedhistories.net/secrethistory/kingsvswitches.html)
12. Available around $20 on Amazon and elsewhere.

:cool:

2. Released post 1994
3. Critical acclaim
4. American band
11. Visigoth kings burned witches (https://www.suppressedhistories.net/secrethistory/kingsvswitches.html)

Damnit I was trying to make ATW fit, but you going in like that means I'm probably wrong. Everyone should check them out anyway.

2. Released post 1994
3. Critical acclaim
4. American band

Will you be buying yourself a copy of this guess if you win or @ChristoBee ?

Okay, I'm going to guess Khemmis - Hunted.

Pretty sure that fits all the clues. Earlier I was thinking Pallbear - Sorrow and Extinction, but the cover of the album that Visigoth song is on reminded me of this Khemmis album. Working backwards, all the other clues seem to fit.

Pretty sure that fits all the clues. Earlier I was thinking Pallbear - Sorrow and Extinction, but the cover of the album that Visigoth song is on reminded me of this Khemmis album. Working backwards, all the other clues seem to fit.

That’s a great record.

1. Metal for sure
2. Released post 1994
3. Critical acclaim (8.0 on P4K)
4. American band
5. Red white and blue on the album art (bit of a stretch gut its there.)
6. Not that marijuana makes you trip necessarily but
🤷‍♂️
7. Wizards- Heretics fork. Wizards and Witches are considered Heretics
8. Nuclear bomb = definitely decimation
9. Released within past 10 years (2013)
10. Their other album went #22 on Billboard Hard Rock Charts
11. Visigoth song was Traitors Gate and it was recorded at Solomons Gate
12. Available for less than $20 everywhere i looked.

Definitely some tenuous connections there but there you go.

I'll list out the clues for my guess, too:
1. Metal
2. Post 94
3. Critical acclaim (on Rolling Stone metal albums of the year list, Decibel mag album of the year)
4. American
5. Light blue cover (shade of blue) with white and red present
6. Denver band (legal weed)
7. Wizard-looking dude on the cover
8. Nuclear Blast - their current record label
9. Within 10 years - 2016
10. Their latest album Desolation hit the Billboard independent albums chart
11. Visigoth album cover looks really similar (armored horse facing the same way) - I'm really liking that Visigoth song, BTW!

Also it's easy to find (to buy), accessible for non-metal heads, and melancholic.

Ok even though I have a currently live guess with The Sword- Apocrython, I would officially like to change my guess due to the fact that the cheapest copy that can be found on Amazon is $99, which I believe eliminates it.

So my new guess, which I actually think fits the clues better is High On Fire- Electric Messiah. I’m not gonna run through every match but definitely an American band with a well known liking for weed, songs about burning witches and nuclear destruction, wizard on the front cover, rw&b cover art, won Grammy for Best Metal Performance in 2019, hit the Billboard Top 200, and vinyl copy can be found for around $20 on Amazon. That’s all I got...3AC5922F-E12D-4AD9-A593-99FCC5EA3B61.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok even though I have a currently live guess with The Sword- Apocrython, I would officially like to change my guess due to the fact that the cheapest copy that can be found on Amazon is $99, which I believe eliminates it.

So my new guess, which I actually think fits the clues better is High On Fire- Electric Messiah. I’m not gonna run through every match but definitely an American band with a well known liking for weed, songs about burning witches and nuclear destruction, wizard on the front cover, rw&b cover art, won Grammy for Best Metal Performance in 2019, hit the Billboard Top 200, and vinyl copy can be found for around $20 on Amazon. That’s all I got...View attachment 10584
this would depend on one thing... if the "had a hit on the billboard charts" means only 1 album or if multiple albums have been on it

So my new guess, which I actually think fits the clues better is High On Fire- Electric Messiah. I’m not gonna run through every match but definitely an American band with a well known liking for weed, songs about burning witches and nuclear destruction, wizard on the front cover, rw&b cover art, won Grammy for Best Metal Performance in 2019, hit the Billboard Top 200, and vinyl copy can be found for around $20 on Amazon. That’s all I got...View attachment 10584

That’s a pretty damn good record.

I'll feel a bit less butthurt about Death getting the boot if it's this one

Back