Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

I start the thread, @Goatfish takes the next few posts for guess keeping purposes and then we're off to the races! I so very much appreciate knowing that you have my back, Dukey. I am serious. I know you are not going to let me royally screw this up, as I am wont to do.

And you keep saying my month is going to be pop. This may or may not be a foregone conclusion. :unsure:

Please be Pop. We’re all looking forward to it.

I love that mid 00s indie won’t be showing up for a while. Not that there’s anything wrong with it but there are plenty more genres in the sea

I start the thread, @Goatfish takes the next few posts for guess keeping purposes and then we're off to the races! I so very much appreciate knowing that you have my back, Dukey. I am serious. I know you are not going to let me royally screw this up, as I am wont to do.

And you keep saying my month is going to be pop. This may or may not be a foregone conclusion. :unsure:

Good, though I'm mostly assuming because you are the head poptart of this community so if it's not something similar to Carly Rae Jepsen I'll be pleasantly surprised (I'll take it either way, I love pop and I love other genres)
Going from 2019 jazz to early 80s Lou Reed worked out pretty well! I think I like whiplash...
I agree! I love the diversity in genres we have going!
I also love the whiplash, I mean my month will probably have a lot of whiplash too.

I almost wanna give a hint to what it is now

Good, though I'm mostly assuming because you are the head poptart of this community so if it's not something similar to Carly Rae Jepsen I'll be pleasantly surprised (I'll take it either way, I love pop and I love other genres)

I also love the whiplash, I mean my month will probably have a lot of whiplash too.

I almost wanna give a hint to what it is now

We’ll miss our resident detective whenever your leading the guess thread @duke86fan so you’ll have to play nice with us.

It was Agents Of Fortune by Blue Oyster Cult. It’s a pretty good album but it was more down to the clues I thought up. I also considered Don’t Stand Me Down by Dexys Midnight Runners. It is one of my favourite albums of all time but there are limited enough copies out there in the wild. I’m listening to Don’t Stand Me Down right now coincidentally.
508521DC-9E8B-45E5-9C23-46F508BA9B1C.jpeg

0 for 2 on my guesses so far (Deftones- White Pony / Self Titled), so I’m gonna go with The Sword- Age Of Winters (2006) or Apocrython (2012). American metal band, shades of r,w,&b on cover, considered stoner metal, songs mainly about fantasy/magic (wizards), band has garnered a lot of critical acclaim over the years

Here’s the original Wizards poster

42E80113-BE38-4EB4-875F-AAD506752AC0.jpeg

and the one for the 35th Anniversary

17C17CC9-BF56-4D2A-9328-A9F7D31340EF.jpeg

Not convinced this is by John Dyer Baizley. Straws. Clutching. A little like his use of colour but not the same detail level.

im actually only hesitant to pick one of my ROTMs because i thought one of the hints i would do might be semi offensive because of a theme of the piece of media its from.. i just dont wanna do something insensitive but i wanna do an animu pic

Last edited:
Hint:

giphy.gif

Back