Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

@Goatfish i don’t think this band was discussed earlier. Thoughts? I dig the singer’s voice. Reminds me of kind of a 90s vibe. Also tagging @Teeeee because women.

Apologies if there was a discussion about jinjer and I overlooked it.

Not a huge fan of their body of work but they have some good songs. I’ve played Jinjer in the JQBX before when someone mentioned women growlers. She’s definitely talented!

Check out some of the newer ones on discogs first! 👍🏻
I checked and it looked like only one of them was available for less than $25, and even then it said it would ship from France so I imagine that adds $10 to the price at the least. Considering the black is available for only $15 + shipping, this is one of those cases where I'm ok with getting the standard black for $10 less!

I checked and it looked like only one of them was available for less than $25, and even then it said it would ship from France so I imagine that adds $10 to the price at the least. Considering the black is available for only $15 + shipping, this is one of those cases where I'm ok with getting the standard black for $10 less!

Black vinyl is the classy choice anyway 😀

I’m way behind but finally got around to listening to this and really love this pick. It just arrived in the mail so I’m interested to hearing how it sounds blasting through my apartment lol.

I’m really liking the other suggested listening albums, too. Will be ordering Master of Reality. Visigoth was cool, too - especially that Iron Brotherhood song. Iron Maiden kind of sounds like video game music on the first few tracks - it’s really fun and way less heavy than I expect from metal.

Thanks for all of the effort that you put into this pick and your write-up!

I went to a record store with my friend who knows more about music than I do, and he was chatting with all the dudes that work there cuz he knows them all, apparently. They had a copy of the recent QRP repress of Master of Reality, so I picked it up, along with several used classical albums ($3-6 each). Anyway, we get up to the front to check out and my friend tries to chat up the manager guy who's ringing me up, and the manager guy is being friendly enough, but there are people in line waiting to check out so he's just giving generic responses because he's busy ringing up all my friggin' used cheapo classical albums. But, everything in the room changed when he saw that copy of Master of Reality. The manager just literally stopped what he was doing to look it over for himself and got so excited about that pressing. He then asked my name, introduced himself to me, shook my hand, and looked me in the eye and told me that he hoped I would get a lifetime of enjoyment out of that album.

So, thank you for making that "coolest customer in the record store" moment possible.

I went to a record store with my friend who knows more about music than I do, and he was chatting with all the dudes that work there cuz he knows them all, apparently. They had a copy of the recent QRP repress of Master of Reality, so I picked it up, along with several used classical albums ($3-6 each). Anyway, we get up to the front to check out and my friend tries to chat up the manager guy who's ringing me up, and the manager guy is being friendly enough, but there are people in line waiting to check out so he's just giving generic responses because he's busy ringing up all my friggin' used cheapo classical albums. But, everything in the room changed when he saw that copy of Master of Reality. The manager just literally stopped what he was doing to look it over for himself and got so excited about that pressing. He then asked my name, introduced himself to me, shook my hand, and looked me in the eye and told me that he hoped I would get a lifetime of enjoyment out of that album.

So, thank you for making that "coolest customer in the record store" moment possible.
Which record store??

This makes me tremendously happy. 🤘

Oh, I thought you were back in DC. So your answer is far less fun for me now. ;)

I’m back in DC on Friday, so we could still go to a record store there and look for another copy of Master of Reality for you and then you could have your own “shining moment of glory in the company of strangers and one friend”.

Back