Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 18 - December 2020 /// Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook – Mustt Mustt

West Germany won the World Cup, Argentina lost in the final. Italy ended 3rd and England 4th. I think it's Toto Cutugno.

Toto Schilachi broke Irish hearts. I think still the smallest country to ever reach a quarter final. Big Jack and Packie Bonner and all that...

IIRC all that Irish team did was ride scoreless ties until their luck ran out!

They drew 4 matches to get to the quarter final but two of them were 1-1 against England and the Netherlands, which considering it was their first World Cup ever and England reached the semis and the dutch were the reigning European champions wasn't bad going!

Also look at this goal against Holland for a thing of beauty....

Ironically the performance against Italy when they got knocked out was probably their best in the tournament. Still revenge 4 years later was a whole bundle of fun!

They drew 4 matches to get to the quarter final but two of them were 1-1 against England and the Netherlands, which considering it was their first World Cup ever and England reached the semis and the dutch were the reigning European champions wasn't bad going!

Also look at this goal against Holland for a thing of beauty....

Ironically the performance against Italy when they got knocked out was probably their best in the tournament. Still revenge 4 years later was a whole bundle of fun!

Big Niall and his disco pants (fan chant)
Citys dream team with David White !

Now that this election thing is over, can we discuss about what really matters: the fact that in 2020 people are still eating pineapple with their pizzas?

177.jpg_large

Ok, Ok dear friends.
I'm updating the guesses but there's no way I am adding Toto Cotugno or the Italia 90 official song (Bennato/Nannini) to the page.
Those are just too stereotypical.....
what you're going to guess next... Celentano?
I believe the names above might make some sense from the fellow European and LatAm Team, but might be totally obscure to the US/Canada contingent....
to give you a taste, here is Celentano singing in a pretend-english language.
This was VERY COOL in the 70's.
and no, this is NOT a hint.

Ok, Ok dear friends.
I'm updating the guesses but there's no way I am adding Toto Cotugno or the Italia 90 official song (Bennato/Nannini) to the page.
I believe the names above might make some sense from the fellow European and LatAm Team, but might be totally obscure to the US/Canada contingent....

EDIT : Laura was my first Italian girlfriend. Sadly she never knew about me :(

Ok, Ok dear friends.

You mean Pavarotti doing Nessun Dorma wasn’t the official theme tune of Italia ‘90? Mind blown!

Back