Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

I went ahead and wrote out a list of clues:

1) Keith Richards - Make No Mistake
2) Chuck Berry - 6 Original Albums
3) Bob Dylan - Love Minus Zero
4) Mike Watt - Hyphenated Man
5) Ron Wood - Seven Days
6) The Who - Baba O'Riley
7) 1-4-5 Blues Progression
8) The Stooges - 1969
9) Floral IPA
10) Tuff Gong
11) Make It A Double
12) Concerto Gregoriano for Two Organs
13) Remember 1976 (compilation of music/movies/videos from 1976)
14) artist hasn't been guessed

Updating @dhodo's list

1) Keith Richards - Make No Mistake
2) Chuck Berry - 6 Original Albums
3) Bob Dylan - Love Minus Zero
4) Mike Watt - Hyphenated Man
5) Ron Wood - Seven Days
6) The Who - Baba O'Riley
7) 1-4-5 Blues Progression
8) The Stooges - 1969
9) Floral IPA
10) Tuff Gong
11) Make It A Double
12) Concerto Gregoriano for Two Organs
13) Remember 1976 (compilation of music/movies/videos from 1976)
14) artist hasn't been guessed
15) Johnny « Rotten » Lydon / Public Image Limited
16) Alan!.. Alan!.. Steve! | Walk on the Wild Side - BBC
17) The Pretenders

I think we are in for an Hip-Hop album

Could it be a Rolling Stone album? Keith Richards & Ron Wood are band members, they covered many Chuck Berry's songs, the Stones recorded in Jamaica and they have a strong connection with reggae, Ron Wood & Keith Richards played with Bob Dylan at Live Aid, Let It Bleed was released in 1969 and Black & Blue in 1976, Stones hasn't been guessed. Have no idea how to connect with following clues

4) Mike Watt - Hyphenated Man > ???
6) The Who - Baba O'Riley > ???
7) 1-4-5 Blues Progression > ???
9) Floral IPA > ???
11) Make It A Double > ???
12) Concerto Gregoriano for Two Organs > ???
15) Johnny « Rotten » Lydon / Public Image Limited > ???
16) Alan!.. Alan!.. Steve! | Walk on the Wild Side - BBC > ???
17) The Pretenders > ???

Also @Yer Ol' Uncle D said "I removed the "you're all wrong" verbiage from the post but please note - no one has guessed the record yet." the day after @Mr Moore guessed A Reggae Tribute to the Rolling Stones adding "I feel one of you ultra-observant, creatively thinking smarty-pants is gonna figure this thing out as the clues get more specific over the next few days" when the tribute album uses Sticky Pants picture.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut @Yer Ol' Uncle D also said "Neither the artist or record have been guessed. Sorry for any confusion" with no S at artist so I assume it's a solo artist and "One thing I feel strongly about - helping out the artist in any way possible" and I am not sure Rolling Stones members are in need for any help, financially speaking.

So I don't know. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess something by Alejandro Escovedo. I know he's a @Yer Ol' Uncle D favourite. I haven't connected many of the clues but noticed he played on a track called Beaten by Pretenders on an album called Organ Donor Blues. Looks like most of his albums are doubles so I'll go with Burn Something Beautiful.

Back