Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

Yeah I get that but I find that Johnny Marr is so sound a fella that it evens out the twat equilibrium. I do find it a difficult dilemma when someone whose music you love turns out to be an irredeemable twat!

My feelings with Brand New, and ironic those two would be the cause of such a shit show, but nonetheless I can't shake my love for that band. #justBeADecentDude

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell has been eliminated. There are keyboardists in the band.

Paula has been eliminated because @Murfocakes hates fun. ;)

Next guess: Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party.

I like you though.

I don't think it is confirmed that it is ONLY 2 guitars, 1 bass, drums, is it? @Murfocakes said additional vocalist was ok.

It’s ok. Additional vocalist/One of the band members on vocals. Both are nice things

Also, the only 80s Sonic Youth album I'm seeing is Daydream Nation

Sonic Youth - Sister

Yes I like it

Last one for now I promise, sorry I'm bored. I was going to guess Isn't Anything but that flunks the easily available rule, then I was going to go with the 'mats Let it Be but Woob has it in a box set so:

The Replacements - Tim

I like it

Judas Priest - British Steel seems to fit the bill as well. That’s a pretty seminal album too that a Dio fan would be into. So I’ll go with that.

I like it

Let's get wild : Shout At The Devil by Motley Crüe.

I like it

Start Here! :)

I la la like it. La la like.

Here we go-ooo.

Rockin’ all over the world.

I can’t imagine why all 4 studio albums and the 3 singles/b-sides/bbc sessions wouldn’t be. I can understand people not having Rank even though I still do...

That said I do now have 9 of their 20 7” singles, I fully intend to finish that off and then move onto the 12” singles...

If @uvwxVinyl wants to start somewhere their best albums are the last two, The Queen Is Dead and “Strangeways, Here We Come”, and the first of the aforementioned compilations, Hatful of Hollow, is an amazing introduction to the band!

There is so much other good stuff in the 80s too. Sonic Youth’s best album, The Cure, The Jesus and Mary Chain, the back end of Joy Division and then New Order, Kate Bush, The Stone Roses and soso much else...
I think I must be weird in that I love Hatful of Hollow but can't really get into any of their other records. I was born a bit too late for them - my elder step-sister loved them...

I think I must be weird in that I love Hatful of Hollow but can't really get into any of their other records. I was born a bit too late for them - my elder step-sister loved them...

Yeah where I was born late enough that I was 18 in 2001 so got the resurgence in interest where they became big and important again lol!

Back