Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

Lots of great suggestions. Not least the sitcom. In this week’s episode @Joe Mac causes an uproar when he drunkenly swaps all of @Skalap’s Japanese Jazz records for a ticket to Doves on Saturday night, but gets too drunk and ends up at an Eagles concert instead:

Meanwhile the sub plot involves @Murfocakes working a second job as a tour guide to pay for a copy of Holy Dover pressed on pure gold wherein he has to show @Lee Newman ‘s stereotypical tourist around Guinness and Jameson...

...much hilarity ensues

Meanwhile the sub plot involves @Murfocakes working a second job as a tour guide to pay for a copy of Holy Dover pressed on pure gold wherein he has to show @Lee Newman ‘s stereotypical tourist around Guinness and Jameson...

...much hilarity ensues

‘And this is the bar where Brendan Behan, George Best and Mr Tayto used to drink. They ran the British out of here in 1916 for killing the mayor’s donkey. €23.95 for a genuine Dublin Guinness.’

‘And this is the bar where Brendan Behan, George Best and Mr Tayto used to drink. They ran the British out of here in 1916 for killing the mayor’s donkey. €23.95 for a genuine Dublin Guinness.’

Belfast tours are a similar level of bullshit.

‘If you drank in this bar during the troubles you’d have got shat. If you’d walked down the street wearing that top during the troubles you’d have got shat. If you shat yourself during the troubles you’d have got shat.’

And it ends with us all pissed in O’Donoghues with some gobshites in the background playing some ole shite on the tin whistle, accordion and Bodhrán.

Belfast tours are a similar level of bullshit.

‘If you drank in this bar during the troubles you’d have got shat. If you’d walked down the street wearing that top during the troubles you’d have got shat. If you shat yourself during the troubles you’d have got shat.’

So basically don’t go to fucking Belfast or you’ll get shot?

Wait, is that how an Irishman interprets that sentence? It comes off a little differently to me. 💩

I mean there was a very minor amount of interpretation and a bucketload of salt.

I suppose that given its historic it should have been “so basically if you were in Belfast before 98 you’d have just got fucking shot”...

@Captainfog can you please unpin the first AOTM thread and pin this one instead? Thank you Sir :)
as you wish...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22190-1402369811-15.gif

So basically don’t go to fucking Belfast or you’ll get shot?

That’s the schtick of the Belfast tour guides (especially the black taxi tours). Which is of course complete nonsense. They ham it up for the tourists and every street corner is deadly. Or at least that was the schtick of the tour guides, now it all relates to Winterfell and Jon Snow.

That’s the schtick of the Belfast tour guides (especially the black taxi tours). Which is of course complete nonsense. They ham it up for the tourists and every street corner is deadly. Or at least that was the schtick of the tour guides, now it all relates to Winterfell and Jon Snow.

Yeah I did the bus tour up there once a very long time ago and it was all “if you drove down this road 10 years ago you’d have been in trouble” nonsense!

You know nothing John Snow ..

Star Wars made me go to the Skellig Islands , the lure of winterfell is calling 9EF02D79-5ED6-4D09-B828-86FC4E429C99.jpeg

And it was too bloody windy for the boats to sail , this was as close as I got!

Back