Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 1 - July 2019 Lou Reed - The Blue Mask

How about this?

On the 100 guitarist list.
80s.
2 guitars, bass, drums (Joan Jett + the Blackhearts anyway, not counting extra studio musicians).
Not jazz.
Don't know about discogs acounts of @Skalap, @Woob_woob or @Enoch.
Not metal.
Predates Metallica's 1st.

(BONUS: I need this in my collection!!!)

Related image

EDIT: forgot to look if it was easy to find on vinyl.... not sure it is unfortunately (though there seems to be a 2014 reissue).

Last edited:
i was gonna say how this is definitely not it because it has way more than 2 guitars, bass, and drums. but then again i also think @Enoch might be shitposting again.. and the fact that i dont know says something
probably just a bad guess more than anything, just looking for a pre-mid-1983 album with big-name guitarists and a Jethro Tull connection

How about this?

80s.
2 guitars, bass, drums (Joan Jett + the Blackhearts anyway, not counting extra studio musicians).
Not jazz.
Not metal.

Related image

EDIT: forgot to look if it was easy to find on vinyl.... not sure it is unfortunately (though there seems to be a 2014 reissue).
god i would love this, but i think studio musicians count

A little bit of catch up for me hear....

So For the record and piggybacking off @Joe Mac great Lou Reed Guess. This is it - if its not i will eat my hat (one made from cake)
The instruments clue is being taken way to literally - I mean come on its got Doane Perry on Drums.

Pack up the Guesses bag and get this train this train to Vinyltown !

A little bit of catch up for me hear....

So For the record and piggybacking off @Joe Mac great Lou Reed Guess. This is it - if its not i will eat my hat (one made from cake)
The instruments clue is being taken way to literally - I mean come on its got Doane Perry on Drums.

Pack up the Guesses bag and get this train this train to Vinyltown !

If it is you should still eat that hat. A cake hat is no protection against the elements

How about this?

80s.
Not jazz.
Not metal.

Related image

Not in my collection.

I'm confused, why would this guess violate the instruments clue the way it's been taken?

Mention of other instruments used on the album also. But i think those are just nice touches / extras to the main focal.

- I meant come on Doane Perry = Jethro Tull link. That’s a lovely link to put with the other clues that match.

Mention of other instruments used on the album also. But i think those are just nice touches / extras to the main focal.

- I meant come on Doane Perry = Jethro Tull link. That’s a lovely link to put with the other clues that match.
Just them. And there is singing. So not instrumental.
This is where we got that it was limited to only 2 guitars, bass, drums, and vocals.

Back