Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 0 - June 2019 /// MARK DE CLIVE-LOWE - Heritage Vol.1

this is a very very unsure guess but i have a strange hunch because the cover art gives me a real day and night vibes as well as the whole album having a whole astrological theme to it
710yq%2BjN8lL._SX522_.jpg

The Comet is Coming- Trust In The Lifeforce Of The Deep Mystery

this is a very very unsure guess but i have a strange hunch because the cover art gives me a real day and night vibes as well as the whole album having a whole astrological theme to it

I happen to know @Skalap is a fan ;)

This would be a fantastic first pick!

That would be great! Would be a good way for me to continue along the London jazz rabbit hole.

it seems like i already cracked this wide open...

• Skalap is apparently a big fan
  • the cover looks like a twilight, the mixture between night and day
  • its easily obtainable on sites like amazon
  • and its one of the highest rated albums of the year on RYM

I hope it is this. I streamed the album a couple of times and I enjoyed it, so this would be a great excuse to grab it on wax.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be bothered if it was something I'm totally unfamiliar with, since I know @Skalap has a great taste for underground stuff from around the world

Day and night is of equal length on the ‘equator’. A quick google search / rabbit hole leads me to Sukurumba - Equator - from an album called Up The River. Not much out there about them except on Facebook they describe themselves as ‘A studio project by Oliver Stephan and Sven von Strauch fusing African soukous, rumba and highlife guitars with electronic dance beats.’

‪https://youtu.be/TB95GXMC3SQ‬

I don't quite get how this is working but am sure that's more about me. Shouldn't there have been a clue that excluded many of the guesses before they made it to a 'not it' list. I almost feel like the person picking the album and giving the clues shouldn't be the one running the thread and should just drop in to give clues and leave it upto the guessers to make sense of it all.

I don't quite get how this is working but am sure that's more about me. Shouldn't there have been a clue that excluded many of the guesses before they made it to a 'not it' list. I almost feel like the person picking the album and giving the clues shouldn't be the one running the thread and should just drop in to give clues and leave it upto the guessers to make sense of it all.

I did wonder if @Skalap excitement would bring this to a head early ? Depends on just how much he likes to tease....

I gave a new hint yesterday, 2019, but didn't updated the first post. I am on it. But I still agree that I shouldn't be both picker and runner. I don't find it as fun as if I was only poping in and out giving an hint and leave you all trying to figure out what the pick is.

I gave a new hint yesterday, 2019, but didn't updated the first post. I am on it. But I still agree that I shouldn't be both picker and runner. I don't find it as fun as I was only poping in and out giving an hint and leave you all trying to figure out what the pick is.

Totes missed that clue despite liking it, lol!

Back