Needles and Grooves AotM///Vol 54-December 2023///Return of (insert here)

other important parts of the clue

teen spirit: at the beginning of the phone call he mentions that the book was inspired by listening to "it smells like teen spirit"

Jaba: the place where he did all his research was the themed coffee shop "Java the Hutt"

I find it cool that they picked this album because I remember finding out about the best show on my search to read all the pitchfork best new reissues and was surprised to see a 16 CD numero group compilation of HUNDREDS of what are basically prank phone calls

Messages sent to the winners! I’ll post the local food banks that they want their donations to go to.

Write up and clue notes will come next week.

Thanks for playing along, thanks for the fun and thanks for enduring 5 ROTMs due to my wanting to be the worst.

This was fun!

I looked through the whole thread and swear I only saw 3 of the 5 winners. Which were the 5 albums?

Nicely done, all! Great thread.

💡💡💡💡 YOKO ONO - FLY

I don't have a man's hat that would hold liquid. I do have some plum wine and some "perfume" in the form of champagne....

PXL_20240503_185014173.jpg

PXL_20240503_185211710.jpg

As for the music, not sure what I was expecting, but so far it is actually quite fun. The package I got has a lot of extras, like a poster that is really cool, a card with a hole to "see the sky through" which is intriguing, and a booklet. Lots of stuff to dive into.

PXL_20240503_185710056.jpg
PXL_20240503_185806770.jpg

💡💡💡💡 YOKO ONO - FLY

I don't have a man's hat that would hold liquid. I do have some plum wine and some "perfume" in the form of champagne....

View attachment 201895

View attachment 201896

As for the music, not sure what I was expecting, but so far it is actually quite fun. The package I got has a lot of extras, like a poster that is really cool, a card with a hole to "see the sky through" which is intriguing, and a booklet. Lots of stuff to dive into.

View attachment 201898
View attachment 201899

So happy to see another fresh copy! Spread the word of Yoko!!

Ok, so I ordered 💡 SCHARPLING & WURSTER - ROCK ROT & Rule through Bandcamp and it was fulfilled through Flannelgraph Records in Bloomington, IN. (Not that far from me!) Anyway, they sent a LOT of extras! Thanks, if you are out there!

PXL_20240504_162114442.jpg

I will spin these later, I have a derby party to go to this afternoon 🐎

Ok, so I ordered 💡 SCHARPLING & WURSTER - ROCK ROT & Rule through Bandcamp and it was fulfilled through Flannelgraph Records in Bloomington, IN. (Not that far from me!) Anyway, they sent a LOT of extras! Thanks, if you are out there!

View attachment 201992

I will spin these later, I have a derby party to go to this afternoon 🐎
This is one of my favorite things about ordering on Bandcamp. So many small labels and artists have hooked me up with freebie goodies after noticing I'm a repeat customer.

Back