Needles and Grooves AotM///Vol 54-December 2023///Return of (insert here)

I feel the image I used from Steven Universe can be v v helpful for 💡
"Marty was Greg's manager as the one-man band, "Mr. Universe." He was very exploitative of Greg, deciding every single move he made as a musician, and even taking 75 percent of his earnings. After telling Greg that he was just a "spaced-out kid" (and almost crashing his van), they had a falling out and Greg chose to stay married to Rose, presumably beginning his life in Beach City. While Greg bluntly states that Marty is "dead to him", he is thankful that he made it an easy choice to stay in Beach City, and, at the conclusion of his story to Steven, he realizes that he has Marty to thank for giving him the chance to even meet Rose, and puts the photo of himself and Marty up on a shelf in the van."

So either the duo was manipulated by their manager, or half of the duo WAS the manipulative manager.

edit: or maybe there was a conservatorship?

"Marty was Greg's manager as the one-man band, "Mr. Universe." He was very exploitative of Greg, deciding every single move he made as a musician, and even taking 75 percent of his earnings. After telling Greg that he was just a "spaced-out kid" (and almost crashing his van), they had a falling out and Greg chose to stay married to Rose, presumably beginning his life in Beach City. While Greg bluntly states that Marty is "dead to him", he is thankful that he made it an easy choice to stay in Beach City, and, at the conclusion of his story to Steven, he realizes that he has Marty to thank for giving him the chance to even meet Rose, and puts the photo of himself and Marty up on a shelf in the van."

So either the duo was manipulated by their manager, or half of the duo WAS the manipulative manager.
We are on the path but it’s not that deep

But at least someone has tried with the clue.

If no one gets it by Friday, I’ll message someone the searchable phrase to get youse there
I'm trying, I promise. I thought I may have gotten on the right track with the chiptune genre because of the Steven Universe clue. But now I need to go down a new path.

Back