Needles and Grooves AoTM /// Vol 52- October 2023 /// John Martyn “ Live at Leeds” 1973

How long will it take @joemac to guess

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok here it is:

Clue 1 corresponds with the song "Where is Home?" Home is London which is in the UK which is an island, they're living on an island

Clue 2 corresponds with the song "Uniform" and who wears a uniform, your friendly neighborhood postal worker!

Clue 3 is a picture of a witch, or is it? Did you see it right away or did you have to hunt for it? Sort of like the song "Hunting for Witches"

Clue 4 looks like a sad dad who has a "Selfish Son"....

We're through the looking glass people, it's clearly Bloc Party's second record "A Weekend in the City" and I just want to thank you for getting this reissued for us all and keeping it under wraps this whole time!

I remember really enjoying this album but I'm not sure if it's because I loved the first album so much that I refused to believe that the second album wasn't as good or it's actually good?

I can link 3 of the 4 clues to this one.

View attachment 181499
It's been said before, but one of the best parts of these guess threads is how many bands I've never heard before that I end up discovering in the search. I'm not drawn to much reggae, but listening to this album this morning and I'm really digging it.

Ok here it is:

Clue 1 corresponds with the song "Where is Home?" Home is London which is in the UK which is an island, they're living on an island

Clue 2 corresponds with the song "Uniform" and who wears a uniform, your friendly neighborhood postal worker!

Clue 3 is a picture of a witch, or is it? Did you see it right away or did you have to hunt for it? Sort of like the song "Hunting for Witches"

Clue 4 looks like a sad dad who has a "Selfish Son"....

We're through the looking glass people, it's clearly Bloc Party's second record "A Weekend in the City" and I just want to thank you for getting this reissued for us all and keeping it under wraps this whole time!

I remember really enjoying this album but I'm not sure if it's because I loved the first album so much that I refused to believe that the second album wasn't as good or it's actually good?

Can't believe someone dare to give Bloc Party and it's not me. At least it's not Silent Alarm.

By the way all the hints point to Silent Alarm. So it must be it.

Back