Needles and Grooves AoTM /// Vol 52- October 2023 /// John Martyn “ Live at Leeds” 1973

How long will it take @joemac to guess

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So side 2 … better late than never !

We get some nice more straight forward John songs , less expansive tracks , bit of banta with Danny on that big bass before the epic final track - I’d rather be the devil- which has those great echoplex guitar work again - pinging round the speakers - a real highlight for me

Finally arrived!

View attachment 184783

'76 repress, sleeve has some wear and looks like a promo notch that tore away but the vinyl itself is a very shiny NM that has maybe been played once, twice at most!
Nice ...tracking this down is a bit harder than it should be! I’m hoping that they continue reissuing his catalogue ..1st two solo and both his albums with Beverley have come out this year and nicely done so far ..... part of my thinking when choosing this was it must be due out soonish ...

Tomorrow I’m going to post some other recommendations for John Martyn albums - and then a bit of island records folk roster- and then some other related stuff to do with the mighty bassist on this album -IMG_5146.jpeg

-Danny Thompson- who had a wonderful sparring partner with John. This picture was considered for the album cover

Back