N&G Secret Santa - 21

Part 2!! Thank you @LeeVing !!

Both of these are huge gaping holes in my listening history. I’m a fan of almost every chill wave band but somehow missed Toro y Moi.

View attachment 121413

Also exactly the same with Bauhaus. I’ve listened to most post-punk bands but somehow never Bauhaus

View attachment 121414

Also stickers!

View attachment 121415

Glad they arrived.

The Toro y Moi i got from @highqualityrecords for flattening some records, but it didn't really speak to me....I figured it could be something you'd be into and enjoy more than I would.

The Bauhaus record was a brain fart on my part. I bought 2 of the same record about a week apart. But I noticed that you were missing something in your collection.

I think I asked this in a previous year, but one thing I enjoyed about Secret Santa in the old place was that the first or second post usually had a round-up of the usernames of everyone who participated. It was just fun to see how many people got involved and who your Santa could possibly be (that part, I know, could let out a bit of the air of mystery for our internationals in the old model, but I think that's a non-issue now, no?).

Gave me an increased sense of this being a community activity. Just a thought.

BTW, Santee, I'm doing my best. It'll ship when it ships and you'll like it dammit.

So, just a heads up to my Santa - I got notification of a package delivered to my parcel locker yesterday, and was so excited! Got the key that was left in my mailbox for it, started to open the parcel locker...

...and the damn key broke off in the box!

So...I'm pretty much waiting today for the mailman to come back and intercept him to get the box open - it's never easy, is it? :)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dood!

I just went and picked up 16 packages at my local. Started opening them, and guess what the first one was?

52211848-1DB3-420D-A891-EF2AE96544A6.jpeg

I assume they have been following my recent posts! I’ve been on a serious, serious Prine kick. I’m very excited to have these in my collection.

Santa - I assume you have seen my collection or history regarding absolutely loving male and female duets as well. Great choices. That shirt is absolutely fucking awesome too. I am very grateful.

Who are ya?!

got that good-good a few nights ago...Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers "The Big Beat" and Juice Wrld "Legends Never Die". a thoughtful note from my Santa...really dug into my vinyl listening habits, knowing I listen to more jazz and hip-hop on vinyl than anything else.

I was somehow unfamiliar with Juice Wrld...but just doing some quick background on him, his story and his passing I'm stoked to know more

was only given the clues of three stickers...Yeti, Hot Buttered Records and Vaccinated Figs...regrettably I've always kinda been on the periphery of this forum, so those clues do little to shed light on your identity...any one have an idea based on that?

unnamed (15).jpeg

So my order for my Santee supposedly shipped on the 6th, but I just looked and it’s been stuck on pre-shipment the whole time :( not sure what to do

Dood!

I just went and picked up 16 packages at my local. Started opening them, and guess what the first one was?

View attachment 121572

I assume they have been following my recent posts! I’ve been on a serious, serious Prine kick. I’m very excited to have these in my collection.

Santa - I assume you have seen my collection or history regarding absolutely loving male and female duets as well. Great choices. That shirt is absolutely fucking awesome too. I am very grateful.

Who are ya?!
It's me, I am so glad you like it. I saw your PIFSGIVING posts about Prine and looked through your extensive Discogs. Happy spinning!

It's me, I am so glad you like it. I saw your PIFSGIVING posts about Prine and looked through your extensive Discogs. Happy spinning!
Thank you very much! You did a wonderful job. I am very grateful, and I can’t overstate how much I love the shirt as well. Happy holidays!

Last edited:
Well, this was a fantastic surprise to come home to, massive thanks to my Santa!

I have been a fan of Binker and Moses for a while now and have been lucky enough to see Binker Golding live a while ago, so this was a perfect pick. A Gearbox release as well so it's bound to sound fantastic!

Cheers again whoever you are!!!

IMG_1939 2.JPG

Well, this was a fantastic surprise to come home to, massive thanks to my Santa!

I have been a fan of Binker and Moses for a while now and have been lucky enough to see Binker Golding live a while ago, so this was a perfect pick. A Gearbox release as well so it's bound to sound fantastic!

Cheers again whoever you are!!!

View attachment 121583
Was definitely a little daunted by your collection but I think I found a couple good holes. Love this one. Even though I enjoy and own both, I prefer it to their more recent live album, which I noticed you owned. Jealous that you have had the fortune of seeing them.

There was supposed to be another record in the box, but there was a stock error at resident. Hopefully the other one will make it to you soon. Cheers!

Was definitely a little daunted by your collection but I think I found a couple good holes. Love this one. Even though I enjoy and own both, I prefer it to their more recent live album, which I noticed you owned. Jealous that you have had the fortune of seeing them.

There was supposed to be another record in the box, but there was a stock error at resident. Hopefully the other one will make it to you soon. Cheers!
Ah @dhodo, thanks so much mate!

Seriously a fantastic choice, I cant wait to dig in tomorrow! It's a funny one because I was unfamiliar with the group for a long time, despite being familiar with them individually. I bought another of their albums after someone on here recommended I get one of their albums, then when the live one came out I got that too, so totally missed out on Alive In The East...until now!!

So generous of you, I wasn't expecting anything more after this belter arrived! Great timing for it to arrive as well. I will be apart from my fiancée for Christmas this year so we are having ours tomorrow, so I will add the album to our playlist for the day!

Cheers again buddy!

Dood!

View attachment 121572

Who are ya?!
Your Secret Santa rules.

Well I didn't think I had ordered anything from Silver Platters, but you can never be sure.

PXL_20211216_014913897.MP~3.jpg

This was surprising. Not something I think I ever would have discovered but so interesting. I find the 75-85ish NYC art rock scene super fascinating, so it is awesome to learn of this hidden (to me) slice of it. Haven't had time to spin it tonight but I checked out a few tracks and am digging it. Groovy bass, tons of assorted percussion, at times kinda reminds me of the Slits. Found this campy video hilarious:

Thanks Santa! Happy that you surprised me with something completely new to me.

Ah @dhodo, thanks so much mate!

Seriously a fantastic choice, I cant wait to dig in tomorrow! It's a funny one because I was unfamiliar with the group for a long time, despite being familiar with them individually. I bought another of their albums after someone on here recommended I get one of their albums, then when the live one came out I got that too, so totally missed out on Alive In The East...until now!!

So generous of you, I wasn't expecting anything more after this belter arrived! Great timing for it to arrive as well. I will be apart from my fiancée for Christmas this year so we are having ours tomorrow, so I will add the album to our playlist for the day!

Cheers again buddy!
I love you @Selaws. I mean, I have and cherish this album a lot. But if I ever played it in front of my girlfriend normally, let alone at Christmas Dinner, she'd throw my entire collection away...

Back