N&G Secret Santa 2023

Would you be interested in participating in Secret Santa this year?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Hell yeah, brother

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Is the Pope Catholic?

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No, I am the Grinch

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a0f5ba6d-8171-4b66-9fd0-46c590842a98_text.gif

Santa never sleeps!
a package just landed in Ireland after a VERY long trip from California!

thanks a million @ThePakoBuelna !!!!!!

the package is fantastic.
The Claypool-Lennon delirium will keep me awake at night with their exciting and crazy sounds.
and the Japanese hip hop from The Small circle of friends is refreshing to my ears.
Excellent choices!

and thanks a lot for the stickers and the beautiful print of what I guess is the sunset viewed from your roof!
1 of 5! it makes me feel special.

happy christmas to you!

Attachments

• IMG_7830.jpg
    IMG_7830.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7831.jpg
    IMG_7831.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 11
Santa never sleeps!

The Claypool-Lennon delirium will keep me awake at night with their exciting and crazy sounds.
and the Japanese hip hop from The Small circle of friends is refreshing to my ears.
Excellent choices!

and thanks a lot for the stickers and the beautiful print of what I guess is the sunset viewed from your roof!

happy christmas to you!

Glad that got there fast! Hope you enjoy everything in there. Let me know what you think about SCOF, they are one of my favourite groups. I thought I sent you a couple more stickers but I just recalled that they hadn't arrived yet 🥲 Glad you liked the print! That is indeed a sunset from my roof, all the way from Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico. 😁

Glad that got there fast! Hope you enjoy everything in there. Let me know what you think about SCOF, they are one of my favourite groups. I thought I sent you a couple more stickers but I just recalled that they hadn't arrived yet 🥲 Glad you liked the print! That is indeed a sunset from my roof, all the way from Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico. 😁
I am playing SCOF right now (from Spotify) and I like it!
Very chilled out vibe and the low male voice goes great with the light gentle female voice.
the fact that they're singing in Japanese is also really cool, with my attention focused on the sounds the voices make rather than the meaning of the lyrics!

I am always looking for new interesting sounds, and this fits perfectly!

I indeed forgot to thank you for the stickers (I always wish every record I order arrives with a bundle of stickers!), these are greats.

especially the 2 lenticular prints (I had to search how these were called), one with a cloudy sky and the other with buildings....
1704278896161.png

super bundle and well worth the wait!
thank you again for your generosity!

Santa never sleeps!

Excellent choices!

happy christmas to you!
Another great poster @ThePakoBuelna !!!

There's always a straggler, and this year it's me.

I've had a sh1tty couple of weeks after an unexpected death in the family (men: as @HiFi Guy said, if you have chest pain, get it checked out) so it was nice to come back home and hear I could collect my Secret Santa present. My Santa had bought the record from local well before Xmas but they'd had to order it and it had taken a long time. I've been super cool (and excited) waiting for it.

Tinariwen - Kel-Tinariwen

20240121_160907.jpg

This was an entirely new one for me. This is the debut album from Tinariwen, one of my favourite groups who I've followed for a long time. I had no idea this existed though. It's an intriguing record - some of the songs I know well but recorded in an Arabic/North African pop style, not the desert rock they're known for now. I like it a lot. Thanks Santa for a great record.

And stragglers are going to straggle for longer. As I collected it, I was v surprised to be told there's another record coming - but one with an ETA of March 1 currently. Excited to find out what that will be. Secret Santa - the gift that truly keeps on giving.

I've had a sh1tty couple of weeks after an unexpected death in the family (men: as @HiFi Guy said, if you have chest pain, get it checked out) so it was nice to come back home and hear I could collect my Secret Santa present. My Santa had bought the record from local well before Xmas but they'd had to order it and it had taken a long time. I've been super cool (and excited) waiting for it.

View attachment 193394

This was an entirely new one for me. This is the debut album from Tinariwen, one of my favourite groups who I've followed for a long time. I had no idea this existed though. It's an intriguing record - some of the songs I know well but recorded in an Arabic/North African pop style, not the desert rock they're known for now. I like it a lot. Thanks Santa for a great record.

And stragglers are going to straggle for longer. As I collected it, I was v surprised to be told there's another record coming - but one with an ETA of March 1 currently. Excited to find out what that will be. Secret Santa - the gift that truly keeps on giving.
Ok this was me and I have been so so so annoyed that it's taken so long. When I ordered they both showed up as being in stock and I was shocked when I heard you hadn't received them yet. I didn't even know about the second one taking even longer until you posted this. I would be more than happy to order a different record if you let me know of any other locals? Maybe it was a language barrier but the previous one had them both showing as being able to be collected from store.

Anyway, I was looking through your Discogs link and saw Tinariwen, which piqued my own interest so I streamed the album you had, and it's incredible. I didn't want to mention it anywhere here in case it gave it away, but when I saw this album on the record shop site I figured it would be to your tastes. Hope you enjoy and im really sorry to hear that you have had a rough few months, hopefully the rest of the year gets better!

Ok this was me and I have been so so so annoyed that it's taken so long. When I ordered they both showed up as being in stock and I was shocked when I heard you hadn't received them yet. I didn't even know about the second one taking even longer until you posted this. I would be more than happy to order a different record if you let me know of any other locals? Maybe it was a language barrier but the previous one had them both showing as being able to be collected from store.

Anyway, I was looking through your Discogs link and saw Tinariwen, which piqued my own interest so I streamed the album you had, and it's incredible. I didn't want to mention it anywhere here in case it gave it away, but when I saw this album on the record shop site I figured it would be to your tastes. Hope you enjoy and im really sorry to hear that you have had a rough few months, hopefully the rest of the year gets better!
Thanks so much @Selaws - it was perfect. My local are normally pretty competent but haven't been at their best here. I'm totally cool with waiting though, knowing I'm getting records you chose.

View attachment 193394

@Selaws is a star. He managed to find a new way to get this to me. Can't wait to listen to this on vinyl - one of my favourites from last year. Thanks so much for being my secret Santa.

Ancient Infinity Orchestra - River of Light

IMG-20240126-WA0010.jpg

@Selaws is a star. He managed to find a new way to get this to me. Can't wait to listen to this on vinyl - one of my favourites from last year. Thanks so much for being my secret Santa.

Ancient Infinity Orchestra - River of Light

View attachment 193759
Well, that certainly arrived quicker! So so so sorry again that it all took so long. I had a look through your end of year megalist and this one stood out to me, hope you enjoy!

Back