N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Alright since it looks like SS has slowed down here are some final notes.

- Besides one situation we're taking care of, it seems like everyone else received a gift. If you haven't let us know ASAP.

- I have no idea if everyone posted a picture or not, but PLEASE post a pic of your haul so your Santa can feel that smug sense of self satisfaction that we call crave.

- Thanks for another successful year of SS! Y'all are great

Alright since it looks like SS has slowed down here are some final notes.

- Besides one situation we're taking care of, it seems like everyone else received a gift. If you haven't let us know ASAP.

- I have no idea if everyone posted a picture or not, but PLEASE post a pic of your haul so your Santa can feel that smug sense of self satisfaction that we call crave.

- Thanks for another successful year of SS! Y'all are great
Thanks to @gouis and @Captainfog for putting this all together again. Much appreciated.

Has @duke86fan started the countdown for the 2021 Secret Santa yet?

42 days after it first shipped, and 2 days after the USPS scanned it as delivered, the second half of @Skalap's Secret Santa finally arrived, and it's another wonderful choice. I love this album, and hadn't gotten around to picking it up on vinyl, but now it will be getting plenty of spins! Thanks again!

View attachment 83372

Finally! Enjoy Santee!

Finally received my mail and saw a strange package.
IMG_20210112_184201.jpg

WTF this thing is huge 😱 wonder what's inside! 🤩

IMG_20210112_184256.jpg

Aha! Panda Express paper bags?.... Alright I love panda express so this is cool I guess? But wait... What's below? 😯

IMG_20210112_184340.jpg

What...the... Actual hell?!?! 🤩 Are you freaking kidding me?!?! It's an autographed poster signed by all the Monster of Folk?!?! WHAT THE HELL!! THIS IS ONE OF THE COOLEST GIFTS IVE EVER GOTTEN THANK YOU SO MUCH! 🤘🖤

And that's not all! I also received some cool and really good smelling incense and it's burner! It's shaped like a little log cabin! So cute, my GF loved this too!
IMG_20210112_184424.jpgIMG_20210112_184445.jpg

So good... I though that was it but after another layer of paper there was one last gift. .

IMG_20210112_184714.jpg

An M. Ward album I was missing and one of my favorites too! And an album I've been meaning to check out.

I'm truly grateful for this, I hope I can repay it soon and hope that karma pays you back big time, @Matt M

Also full disclosure, I've just gotten my mail and final gift for my Santee, so it should finally be going out soon. I'm really sorry to my Santee, but things were a little bit out of control on my end. Next year I'll be sure to pay it back in the next Secret Santa!

Can't wait for next year! 🤩🤘🔥🖤

View attachment 83582

View attachment 83581

Aha! Panda Express paper bags?.... Alright I love panda express so this is cool I guess? But wait... What's below? 😯

View attachment 83580

What...the... Actual hell?!?! 🤩 Are you freaking kidding me?!?! It's an autographed poster signed by all the Monster of Folk?!?! WHAT THE HELL!! THIS IS ONE OF THE COOLEST GIFTS IVE EVER GOTTEN THANK YOU SO MUCH! 🤘🖤

And that's not all! I also received some cool and really good smelling incense and it's burner! It's shaped like a little log cabin! So cute, my GF loved this too!
View attachment 83579View attachment 83583

So good... I though that was it but after another layer of paper there was one last gift. .

View attachment 83578

An M. Ward album I was missing and one of my favorites too! And an album I've been meaning to check out.

I'm truly grateful for this, I hope I can repay it soon and hope that karma pays you back big time, @Matt M

Also full disclosure, I've just gotten my mail and final gift for my Santee, so it should finally be going out soon. I'm really sorry to my Santee, but things were a little bit out of control on my end. Next year I'll be sure to pay it back in the next Secret Santa!

Wow.

View attachment 83582

View attachment 83581

View attachment 83580

View attachment 83579View attachment 83583

View attachment 83578

That’s fucking awesome !!! Congrats my friend ;)

View attachment 82482
I think Santa arrived? I for sure didn’t order these. Great picks by my mystery Santa who I can only assume is maybe @gaporter based on sender location, but otherwise have no clue.

The Haul:
1) my 2nd Christmas album and first pre-89 rap, Christmas Rappin by Kurtis Blow.
2) the first Action Bronson album in my collection, his latest release Only For Dolphins
3) a scented hanger for my car (which desperately needs it)
4) a few stickers that have already been applied to my music shelf
5) a fake $8 bill with McCain’s face on it that honestly makes me uncomfortable with how intrigued I am by it.

Thanks Santa! You killed it!

Edit: if this is someone else, I direct this entire post at you, mystery Santa.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

im glad you uhhh "like" the $8 bill. It's not fake btw, tooootally legal tender. Fashionable Death...your retail graveyard fdeath.shop fashionabledeath sent them out a while ago with some random order. Don't spend it all in one place!

enjoy the records yo!

Big surprise when I came into work this morning! Had a package on my desk. I haven't ordered any records lately, so what could it be? I'm guessing this is part two of my Secret Santa gift! I opened the package, and what did I find? Another record I would never guess my Santa would have sent, but again (like Julien Baker), another record sorely missing from my collection! Who do I have to thank for these great gifts?

This pick is a great one. I know Pavement and have several songs from them in my Liked Songs on Spotify, but this is a band I've really been meaning to dive deeper into. Santa, you've given me a great starting point based on what I've heard about this album!

SecretSanta2.jpg

Better late than never

View attachment 85248

w8LTloc.jpg

Thanks so much, @manonkouch! Always excited to hear something new. Can’t wait to get it washed and ready!

So a huge belated package just showed up from @ThePakoBuelna and other than having two awesome records I was missing from my collection it contained a plethora of goodies (two shirts, two pins, and two stickers from his brand, Space Cholos (check them out on FB or Instagram @losspacecholos) as well as 8 other stickers one advertising El Ocioso Del Vinyl (@elociosodelvinil Insta once again) and 7 pretty rad stickers (my girlfriend and I are fighting over who gets which of) of his own art (@ThePakoBuelna on Insta)

The records are the 10th Anniversary edition of Disturbed’s The Sickness and the split black/purple pressing of Mondo’s Batman 1989 score 🤘

1C11F772-2826-4312-8149-BC0EE7A2E4D3.jpeg
493DFA69-3250-4254-871A-C4A2C4ADA851.jpeg
4BB40AD5-EE76-4F7A-8C5B-B7AADDF0D4BA.jpeg
Thanks again my Pokémon GO dude, this was a nice surprise

So a huge belated package just showed up from @ThePakoBuelna and other than having two awesome records I was missing from my collection it contained a plethora of goodies (two shirts, two pins, and two stickers from his brand, Space Cholos (check them out on FB or Instagram @losspacecholos) as well as 8 other stickers one advertising El Ocioso Del Vinyl (@elociosodelvinil Insta once again) and 7 pretty rad stickers (my girlfriend and I are fighting over who gets which of) of his own art (@ThePakoBuelna on Insta)

The records are the 10th Anniversary edition of Disturbed’s The Sickness and the split black/purple pressing of Mondo’s Batman 1989 score 🤘

View attachment 85302
View attachment 85303
View attachment 85304
Thanks again my Pokémon GO dude, this was a nice surprise

Glad to see it arrived safely! Really happy you enjoyed everything and sorry for sending late! 🤘🖤🔥

Back