N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Alright "Santa".............

Really very much appreciated and completely unexpected, this has been on my list for a while and I've been waiting for an acid deal or GC for my birthday or whatnot to chip down the price a bit. Oddly enough, I did get a $50 Gift Card from my brother in law for my Birthday the same day this showed up on my doorstep.

Once again, the generosity and comradery in this community is second to none and speaks volumes about it's members. Huge thank you to my Santa and wishing everyone Happy Holidays :)
View attachment 80168
Happy Holidays, my friend!

I received a package last night and thought I’d wait until closer to Christmas to open it....that last until I finished my cocktail.

View attachment 80124
Felt - Forever Breathes the Lonely Word
John Grant - Queen of Denmark

Thank you Santa @McGlam !! These are two artists that I’ve heard of but have never listened to. I appreciate the fact you went off list to pick a couple of albums that you think I’ll enjoy...I can’t wait dig into these.

That FELT album is nothing less than a gateway drug to other FELT albums.
And it will still be the one you come back to. SO good :)

@Twentytwo your 2nd record apparently was lost by the usps. I requested a replacement so hopefully that will get to you in the next week.
And looked what arrived. Thank you so much @sarcasticfairyprincess This has been on my list to pick up forever and for some reason I’ve never bought it. This will get a lot of play as it has some of favorite Tyler songs like Dead Man’s Curve and Follow You To Virgie.38BB0608-706B-4799-9EB3-7B383CEEBDDF.jpeg

Last edited:
more work for @Piratenovelist , less verymeatypizza talk

thanks to my generous santanino.
he also showed me that theres still stuff ive never added to my discogs collection, like the DJ Shadow record.. my bad..

View attachment 79678
I just noticed that I never acknowledged this post!
I'm glad you like my picks, and I am sorry for the hiccups with the Tone-Loc.
We'll work something out.

and there's a final piece still outstanding delivery, with very puzzling tracking and very limited progress.
It will arrive, just keep the faith!

When tracking shows your Santee has received their goodies and there is no mention about it on this thread:

giphy.gif
Seriously though im generally quite nervous of being on the receiving end of this. The post here has been crazy lately and people in my apartment building have found that their parcels have been delivered to one of the other buildings around us. They are working it out by checking the photo attached to the tracking info (we can now tell just by looking at the carpet/floor tiles!!) but as I wont get tracking I just hope they deliver anything I might get to my address.

If my Secret Santa has sent something my way and I don't respond on the thread within a day of it 'arriving', just give me a nudge and I will check the other buildings post rooms :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 80169

Santa,

I am humbled.
You must have spent a long, long, LONG time digging through my collection (SORRY!) to arrive at these perfectly curated pieces.

I've been missing Mingus! [Some CD's, but not even this one, in my collection... though I don't have many CD's in my Discogs]
I don't have this FlyLo! I have a deep love for his music, but somehow this flew under my radar.
And I have been meaning to get around to Courtney Barnett! [seriously, this was an "I will get around to it someday" album and someday is NOW!]

I am so, so, so grateful for this :)

I hope someday you reveal yourself, but, if you don't, know that every second you spent on making this happen is beyond appreciated!

Much love,
MadLucas
Hey @MadLucas - I'll reveal that I was your Secret Santa :)

It was quite a task going through your collection (which is awesome!) but I'm really glad you enjoyed the selections!

Happy holidays and have fun listening! :)

My Santa's package has arrived from overseas!
Pictured is:

K Frimpong - Backed By Vis-A-Vis
Ill Considered - VI
Shabaka and the Ancestors - Wisdom of Elders
Handwritten note with explanations + recs

16079649933152897511866681937013.jpg

Looks like the K Frimpong record is a standout afrobeat/highlife record. My collection lacks records representing world music outside of Japan, so I am very much excited to hear what this sounds like!
Ill Considered seems to be a London jazz band, and my Santa was so kind to get a first pressing, indicated by the hand numbering on blank white label (ltd. 300)!!! Extremely thoughtful and also doubles as feedback for how I can improve my gifts for next year's SS.
Lastly, I am very familiar with Shabaka and the Ancestors from their release this year - We Are Sent Here By History. Pictured above is the debut, which I have not listened to yet! Excited to dive in.

A very thoughtful package overall. Overseas Santa, I am appreciative and I'm very thankful. If I had to guess your identity, are you @Poly-Rythmo? Only guessing because of your known affinity for African and jazz music. Whoever you are, thank you!!!

Pictured is:

Ill Considered - VI

View attachment 80208

Looks like the K Frimpong record is a standout afrobeat/highlife record. My collection lacks records representing world music outside of Japan, so I am very much excited to hear what this sounds like!
Ill Considered seems to be a London jazz band, and my Santa was so kind to get a first pressing, indicated by the hand numbering on blank white label (ltd. 300)!!! Extremely thoughtful and also doubles as feedback for how I can improve my gifts for next year's SS.
Lastly, I am very familiar with Shabaka and the Ancestors from their release this year - We Are Sent Here By History. Pictured above is the debut, which I have not listened to yet! Excited to dive in.

A very thoughtful package overall. Overseas Santa, I am appreciative and I'm very thankful. If I had to guess your identity, are you @Poly-Rythmo? Only guessing because of your known affinity for African and jazz music. Whoever you are, thank you!!!
Solid score!

Ok I’ve returned to my Gifts !!!.......

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Awesome many thanks - Im really looking forward to spinning that Colossal Youth - fine curation work Santa.
Not that Late nite isn’t either I just have no idea what’s on that 👌
Thanks again and using SS thread sleuthing, I suspect but perhaps shouldn’t get over confident )given how bad I am at AOTM guessing) I should not come right out and say .........

THANKYOU. @slugr8 Claus.

Late Nite Tales Khruangbin
Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth

Last edited:
Pictured is:

Ill Considered - VI

View attachment 80208

You guessed right! So glad it made it in time - what with Covid and USPS issues I was anxious. I wanted to give you some of my favourite records - and help out my friends at Hot Casa who put out the wonderful K Frimpong reissue. Enjoy - and Merry Christmas!

View attachment 80215View attachment 80216View attachment 80216

Awesome many thanks - Im really looking forward to spinning that Colossal Youth - fine curation work Santa.
Thanks again and using SS thread sleuthing, I suspect but perhaps shouldn’t get over confident )given how bad I am at AOTM guessing) I should not come right out and say .........

THANKYOU. @slugr8 Claus.

Edit is it just me or do the pucture inserts vanish once you save a post ??
Just in case I got
The Khruangbin Late Nite Tales is awesome, just listened to it the other day

View attachment 80215View attachment 80216View attachment 80216

THANKYOU. @slugr8 Claus.

Edit is it just me or do the pucture inserts vanish once you save a post ??
Just in case I got
Merry Christmas, you are correct! I think you were my SS one year back in the VMP days.

Back