N&G AOTM Year 4: General Thread & Archive

Hey @Fleetwood-Matt are you happy to carry on running the AOTM for 2023?
I'd be down to lend a hand if you want to stay and would like one.
I'm also game to take the baton and run with it if you like.

Whatever's clever!

So the current “year” doesn’t end until June given how we were doing it before, but honestly I’ve been thinking I want to step aside and let someone run it who can give it the time and attention it deserves. Year 5 is all yours starting in July but if you want to to finish off year 4 I’m more than happy to pass it off to you, I know it’d be in good hands

So the current “year” doesn’t end until June given how we were doing it before, but honestly I’ve been thinking I want to step aside and let someone run it who can give it the time and attention it deserves. Year 5 is all yours starting in July but if you want to to finish off year 4 I’m more than happy to pass it off to you, I know it’d be in good hands

Right - I forgot we're offset in our "years" with this. But yes, I would love to take on year 5 and would be more than willing and happy to finish off this year for you as well. I'm guessing I may have to start a Year 4 version 2.0 thread to do so, in order to have editing capabilities on the listings post. I can get that done sometime over the next week and maybe run the draw for February around the same time in order to get the thread active right away.

If there's anything else you or I need in the meanwhile, just lemme know!

Right - I forgot we're offset in our "years" with this. But yes, I would love to take on year 5 and would be more than willing and happy to finish off this year for you as well. I'm guessing I may have to start a Year 4 version 2.0 thread to do so, in order to have editing capabilities on the listings post. I can get that done sometime over the next week and maybe run the draw for February around the same time in order to get the thread active right away.

If there's anything else you or I need in the meanwhile, just lemme know!

Awesome! I think year 5 is going to need to be a whole advertise the AoTMs afresh and restart the pickers. There was a kinda little thing that maybe we give @Skalap the first pick of the second set as acknowledgment of him leading us off the first time around at very short notice and only really getting half a month. But as big boss for next year that’s your call!

Hope with a fresh set of pickers for year 5 that we can get some momentum again because we used to have so much more involvement from across the community than we do now!

Awesome! I think year 5 is going to need to be a whole advertise the AoTMs afresh and restart the pickers. There was a kinda little thing that maybe we give @Skalap the first pick of the second set as acknowledgment of him leading us off the first time around at very short notice and only really getting half a month. But as big boss for next year that’s your call!

Hope with a fresh set of pickers for year 5 that we can get some momentum again because we used to have so much more involvement from across the community than we do now!

When I fire up Year 4 v2.0, I intend to be a bit of a loudmouth for a little while in trying to solicit any more of the n'er before crowd to get themselves up on the dwindling list, then as we start to roll into Year 5 I'll start polling for re-pickers. I will most certainly keep @Skalap in mind to kick off the second wave as long as he's able when the time comes - thanks for passing that along!

One of my new years resolutions is to try and be more active in these threads again (and on the forum in general). Even if I don't end up buying the records physically, I can still guess along and listen to them on streaming.

And I probably wouldn't be opposed to picking another AOTM at some point either...

Back