N&G AOTM Year 4.1: General Thread & Archive

Thanks for these responses - I've sent messages through bandcamp (which I'm assuming is going to the label) and via contact info listed on the artist's website, so we'll see what kind of response I get. At this point, I'm just asking them to confirm stock levels, but I also explained a bit about who we are and the site in general and asked if there's any more information they'd want to share about where they'd prefer for us to purchase the record and anything else about them or the album that they'd want us to know.
GAHAHAH - holy crap - the artist just responded to my e-mail....

its-on-donkey-kong.gif

Been meaning to make the official call-out for a while, and now we are getting down to the wire so let's go...

Dearest Needles & Grooves community,

We have officially reached the rollover for contributors for our monthly Album of the Month selection. Congratulations and gratitude to all who have contributed so far, and more of both to those of you who will again (and, of course, to any first-timers that climb aboard at any time.

With @Ericj32's guess thread going live next weekend we have run the well dry of our first wave of contributors (with the exception of @johnpisme who is slotted in for the March 2024 AotM due to life commitments in the meanwhile) - that means we are opening the pool back up to EVERYBODY!

Thank you @Skalap for bringing about the second wave in style, and @Ericj32 for being agreeable to switching months. Full linearity is boring anyway!

The draw for who will be choosing June's AotM (and running May's guess thread) will happen sometime next week - so come join us!

Attn: @Murfocakes @agutierrezb @ThePakoBuelna @Joe Mac @gaporter @girlnevergoesout @Crabbers @Thackeraye @Yer Ol' Uncle D @ByersVinyl @panino @duke86fan @Lee Newman @Colonel_Angus @Selaws @siremobunny @bfly @Jan @Gavaxeman @NewsFedora @MadLucas @AC Slaughter @Tj. @sarcasticfairyprincess @scotthilk @ayayrawn @BjorgenFjorgen @Speedracer @debianlinux @Tys1 @Hemotep @wmeugene @cul8er @Fleetwood-Matt @tonythegamer @hatfieldpdx @TenderLovingKiller®

*if you're a past AotM picker who is still active on the forum but not tagged here, it's because I couldn't tag you, not because I wouldn't - please come join us again!

Oh yes please! We hadn’t even had Covid last time I picked an album! Definitely up for it again.

For some reason I missed the tag on Saturday!

We have a winner!
Picking VOL. 48 :: JUNE 2023 will be...

View attachment 170930

@scotthilk

What have you got for us this time?!

Official guessing begins May 1st as we close out Year 4 of the Needles & Grooves AotM!
Wow, that was a quick turnaround!
Any advice for how to reach out to artists/labels about confirming availability of the record? or asking about discounts/AMAs?

It seems like we don't really do AMAs much anymore, right?
I thought I answered this, but I guess I didn’t! I just lucked out by reaching to the label. Nothing too special, otherwise. They were pretty interested in this whole thing, so I would recommend if you do what I did, you give them a nice run down on who we are, what we do, and why!

Holy heck, y'all... next month's guess thread will be kicking off YEAR FIVE of the Needles & Grooves AOTM!!

Starting things off for us will be:

Screenshot_20230501_193920_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230501_193922_Chrome.jpg

@Colonel_Angus!
...whose original AotM I just happened to receive in the mail today - how auspicious!

I'll get the Year 5 General Thread going sometime this week, in the meanwhile: it's time to start scheming Colonel!

Back