N&G AoTM Version 2.0: General Thread & Archive

Hey. Just putting feelers out. Would someone else like to run the general thread and pick the pickers for next year instead of me? Preferably someone whose regularly involved? Thanks.

If you’d like to do it you’re welcome to! I’ll pick the May one at the end of the month as the last of year two and you could set up a new year three thread then and take the picks from there!
I think I'm up to the task!
tenor.gif

I think you've done a fantastic job, don't sweat it! I think forum interaction overall has declined a bit and that isn't your fault in the slightest 💙

Thank you gap! That’s very kind. I know I can be a bit spiky and that not everyone is going to like me so I do wonder sometimes if I put people off more than attract them when I go out advertising.

I’d noticed that too a little bit too. It’s been a tough old year for everyone I suppose!

Does that mean GAP is also in charge of running the year 2 review (talking about personal favourites and his experiences)

Does that mean GAP is also in charge of running the year 2 review (talking about personal favourites and his experiences)

That was going to be my parting act at the end of my year but if you’d all rather gap set it up then I’m happy enough with it.

I could do that too I suppose 🤔

That was going to be my parting act at the end of my year but if you’d all rather gap set it up then I’m happy enough with it.
I mean you two decide that for yourself just guessing because you did the year 1 review then the year 2 thread and I thought it was an interesting tradition

I mean you two decide that for yourself just guessing because you did the year 1 review then the year 2 thread and I thought it was an interesting tradition

That was more circumstance. I picked it up at a bit of a loose end. The previous AoTM picker picked the last 2 or 3 of the year and then left the forum. He wasn’t going to pop back in to review the year. But whatever.

Joe can do it! I think it'd be more appropriate for him to do the review since he's the one who was the runner for all the AOTMs. I agree it'd be a fitting parting act and I can follow suit when it comes my time to pass the torch to someone

Soooooo

Congratulations to @Selaws for running a great thread and picking a great pick. I’ll have to get onto picking it up ASAP!

I’m sure @siremobunny is ready to get going with running the May pick and starting the thread on 1st April.

So now, for the last time I’ll pick a picker to round off year two of the N&G AoTM!

80158380-4CC1-4172-A7D9-84EF0FE8D72D.jpegA1B12582-7939-4807-BD93-0E60921FE221.jpeg

@bfly come on down the June AoTM is all yours!

Thread to start on 1st May.

Just a quick message to thank everyone who took part this year in picking, buying and just generally getting involved in the threads. Without the interaction this just doesn’t work.

This time next month look to a new general thread and a new AoTM Comissioner! I’m sure @gaporter will do a wonderful job!

Just a quick message to thank everyone who took part this year in picking, buying and just generally getting involved in the threads. Without the interaction this just doesn’t work.

This time next month look to a new general thread and a new AoTM Comissioner! I’m sure @gaporter will do a wonderful job!
And thank you for compering @Joe Mac. Much appreciated and you have done a bang-up job!

Back