My Morning Jacket

Any of y'all have the Bonnaroo MMJ vinyl care to comment on how it sounds? Cheap cheap on Canada Amazon right now so considering it...

I think I remember @Hemotep speaking highly of it...
Echoing others, but yes, it's a stunning recording. I enjoy them all, but this one really sounds fantastic.

It sounds great to my ears. Just be aware towards the end you can hear the rain hitting mics in the background. It could come across like surface noise.
Haha thanks yeah I actually heard that on the digital version and took a second to realize what it was.

Do it, man - sounds great.

Also, not vinyl… but they put quite a few shows from this summer up on nugs.net - worth checking out.

They're posting basically the full fall tour as they go, too. Got another 30-day trial for being in One Big Family; going to try to listen to every show. Don't think I've ever been able to listen to a show I actually attended before.

Edit: didn't really read the Instagram caption above, which says all of that already. Duh.

Screenshot_20231102-190652.png

They're posting basically the full fall tour as they go, too. Got another 30-day trial for being in One Big Family; going to try to listen to every show. Don't think I've ever been able to listen to a show I actually attended before.

Edit: didn't really read the Instagram caption above, which says all of that already. Duh.

View attachment 186314
That's very cool. May have to get a one month membership just to listen to that one.

I'm sure I'll end up buying the files for that show and would be more than happy to share, but I've heard the whole run has been great and would definitely be worth going through more of it if you do subscribe.
Thanks man. You need to come by for another listening session. MMJ styles... There's been some... upgrades...

Psted this elsewhere, but noticed a thread for it ....

Any thoughts on this Album.
Received an email for this anniversary 3 lp edition yesterday

I own a decent amount of MMJ - Given Z and Okonokos a good listen and enjoy.
Guilty of neglecting Waterfall, Evil Urges and It Moves.

I think we have all gone down the road of buying too much of one artist. Not sure if this counts tho.

I think we have all gone down the road of buying too much of one artist. Not sure if this counts tho.

It's one of their best and my personal favourite. Of the two you've listened to most, this is a good deal more "southern rock" at points. You'll recognize many songs from Okonokos.

It Still Moves is one of my favorite albums of all time.

The albums prior, including At Dawn, have always been hit and miss for me. A little too reverb heavy and sleepy. But I do enjoy them. It Still Moves was also my first exposure to the band so maybe some colored lenses happening due to that.

It Still Moves is one of my favorite albums of all time.

The albums prior, including At Dawn, have always been hit and miss for me. A little too reverb heavy and sleepy. But I do enjoy them. It Still Moves was also my first exposure to the band so maybe some colored lenses happening due to that.
Agree. It Still Moves is my favorite sound/era of theirs. I wish they made a few more gritty guitar albums. My brother took me to see them at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster when it first came up. I only knew a few songs in passing. I was not prepared for what I was about to witness. I've been a fan ever since.

Back