Music News / Reviews

mcherry

🥑
Sorry if this has already been posted but I think we liked the old one so here we go.

For sharing music related news and reviews from around the internets.

To start, Joy Division reissue?
Forgot to add above, no info in this article about provenance. I’m tempted by the alternate cover, etc., but if it’s the same master and cut from the recent reissue I’ll likely pass.

New TORCHE album out July 12th

torche-admission.jpg

May 31:

THIS KIND OF PUNISHMENT “In The Same Room” (Superior Viaduct - SV 167) LP

With THIS KIND OF PUNISHMENT, GRAEME JEFFERIES and PETER JEFFERIES produced some of most adept DIY sounds to emerge from
New Zealand’s 1980s post-punk scene.

and after zillions of years of high priced copies this is finally getting reissued by SV...:

June 21
"The Quality Of Mercy Is Not Strnen LP

I know that most don't care much for Melon around here, but he does not like the new Mac DeMarco at all... that said I put it on the other day and found it pretty intolerable. I used to really like and listen to Mac but eventually started to simply get annoyed with his music and PIFed away my entire collection of his music and am happier with that decision everyday.

I know that most don't care much for Melon around here, but he does not like the new Mac DeMarco at all... that said I put it on the other day and found it pretty intolerable. I used to really like and listen to Mac but eventually started to simply get annoyed with his music and PIFed away my entire collection of his music and am happier with that decision everyday.

I mostly agree with you, but respectfully stand by “Rock & Roll Nightclub” as an almost perfect album!

I can’t stand that guy because he always tries to sound smarter or more deep than he actually might be, but why do we call him “Melon?”

Don’t know if there’s any Ministry fans, but THIS caught my attention the other day, due at the end of the month:

I liked Melon before everything he did was associated with some meme. Completely agree with this review though. This album sucks.

Don’t know if there’s any Ministry fans, but THIS caught my attention the other day, due at the end of the month:

This is a great album. I’ll keep an eye out for it

Oh. Actually I did see this thread but kind of thought it was meant for member reviews as opposed to this thread which is more than album reviews and tends to be just overall music news. I’m actually ok with it being separated if you want to put Member or something like that in the title of your thread. What do you think?

Oh. Actually I did see this thread but kind of thought it was meant for member reviews as opposed to this thread which is more than album reviews and tends to be just overall music news. I’m actually ok with it being separated if you want to put Member or something like that in the title of your thread. What do you think?

I’m fine either way, just don’t want to be redundant. If you think both serve separate purposes, then let’s leave them.

I'm honestly thinking of dropping a few of my short little summaries/reviews of albums that I listen to here. Here's the first few:

Tyler, the Creator
IGOR - 9/10

Strangely intriguing and abrasive synth-pop that has managed to capture my attention for longer than I feel it should have. Too many songs I love from this album, Earfquake, A Boy Is A Gun, What's Good, Gone Gone/ Thank You, Are We Still Friends, and more. Tyler has crafted something special here, and I'm left wondering if he'll continue in this new direction, or go back to his roots on his next album. Either way, I'm excited.

Weyes Blood
Titanic Rising - 10/10

This album is fantastic in every sense of the word. Every song brings something fascinating to the table, and, on top of it all, Natalie's voice is absolutely stunning. The harmonies and lyrics elevate this album beyond any pop album I've heard this year. One of the best of the year for sure.

Logic
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - 1/10

Logic wastes many decent beats here on awful bars that range from forgettable to cringy as hell. He literally raps about how he would suck a d*** to prove he isn't homophobic. Masterclass writing there Logic.

Cultic
High Command - 1/10
The production alone is enough to give this a one, but this album has so many awful things about it that just add fuel to this dumpster fire. Awful lyrics, awful songwriting, bland song structures, terrible riffs. One of the worst albums of the year so far.

i will always be team melon

Back