Music Festivals

I'm going to need some recommendations for Friday and Sunday but otherwise Saturday is stacked
Wish you could kidnap me and take me with you to Coachella! 😩😩🙋‍♂️🤫

Performances I’d watch, as I’m sure they would be great on the other days would be:

Friday = Megan Thee Stallion, Charli XCX, Slowthai and TNGHT

Sunday = FKA Twigs, Frank Ocean, Lana Del Rey, Denzel Curry, Black Pumas, Channel Tres & Sampa The Great!

I like Noname but I’m not as keen for her to see her in a festival setting as the other performers on Sunday, as is the same case with BROCKHAMPTON on Friday!

I like Noname but I’m not as keen for her to see her in a festival setting as the other performers on Sunday, as is the same case with BROCKHAMPTON on Friday!

We've seen Noname twice at festivals already and she's always one of my favorite performers...

Yeah, Saturday's lineup is stacked with The Comet Is Coming, Fontaines DC, Girl In Red, Nilufer Yanya, Black Midi, Orville Peck, Weyes Blood, Steve Lacy, Mika (!), Badbadnotgood, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Carly Rae Jepsen, Hot Chip, Yaeji, Cuco, Caribou, Danny Elfman (!)...

We've seen Noname twice at festivals already and she's always one of my favorite performers...

Yeah, Saturday's lineup is stacked with The Comet Is Coming, Fontaines DC, Girl In Red, Nilufer Yanya, Black Midi, Orville Peck, Weyes Blood, Steve Lacy, Mika (!), Badbadnotgood, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Carly Rae Jepsen, Hot Chip, Yaeji, Cuco, Caribou, Danny Elfman (!)...
Hmmmmm interesting! I’ve seen Noname twice, but only in an intimate setting, and it’s been great. But I imagine it would be a big difference at a festival, but maybe not!

OMG, I hardly go to festivals! But I really, really, really want to go to this Festival!!!!!! 😩

Makes me a bit sad that flight tickets from Australia overseas is generally expensive 😭

I'm going to need some recommendations for Friday and Sunday but otherwise Saturday is stacked
Best lineup in several years I'd say. Saturday is definitely stacked. Here's what I'm seeing before running through it in detail...

Fri: Rage, RTJ, King Gizzard, Charli XCX, GRiZ, Chicano Batman, IDLES, Daphni, Peggy Gou, Tokimonsta, Amyl & the Sniffers

Sat: Thom Yorke, Flume, Danny Elfman, Caribou, Black Coffee, Yaeji, Hot Chip, DJ Koze, Floating Points, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Badbadnotgood, Snail Mail, Steve Lacy, Weyes Blood, Seun Kuti & the Egypt 80, 100 gecs (for the lols), black midi, Fontaines DC, The Comet Is Coming

Sun: Frank Ocean, FKA twigs, Fatboy Slim, Duck Sauce, Bedouin, Crumb

No way I'll see all those on Saturday of course, but hopefully the schedule will be kind for the ones I really want to see.

Best lineup in several years I'd say. Saturday is definitely stacked. Here's what I'm seeing before running through it in detail...

Fri: Rage, RTJ, King Gizzard, Charli XCX, GRiZ, Chicano Batman, IDLES, Daphni, Peggy Gou, Tokimonsta, Amyl & the Sniffers

Sat: Thom Yorke, Flume, Danny Elfman, Caribou, Black Coffee, Yaeji, Hot Chip, DJ Koze, Floating Points, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Badbadnotgood, Snail Mail, Steve Lacy, Weyes Blood, Seun Kuti & the Egypt 80, 100 gecs (for the lols), black midi, Fontaines DC, The Comet Is Coming

Sun: Frank Ocean, FKA twigs, Fatboy Slim, Duck Sauce, Bedouin, Crumb

No way I'll see all those on Saturday of course, but hopefully the schedule will be kind for the ones I really want to see.

Are you doing weekend 1 or 2?

Forever weekend 2.

I don't think I'm camping this year though. Kinda over it.

Weekend two here as well. We've never camped. Staying at the Caliente Tropics, which is a tiki hotel in Palm Springs. We've stayed there once before.

The only thing that excites me about this is the prospect of these artists hanging around the midwest/southeast for 2 weeks around the festival and hitting up other cities.

Otherwise, not my cuppa tea. Too many artists that I've seen and don't need to see again, and not enough new that would make me want to go.

Or how Mark from Eels originally recorded under the name E. Or the band The The for that member.
Yeah but those decisions pre-date the internet as we know it today and only seem bad in retrospect. It’s a silly thing to have to think about today too, but I still can’t imagine deliberately choosing a name that will make your art more difficult to find.

The only thing that excites me about this is the prospect of these artists hanging around the midwest/southeast for 2 weeks around the festival and hitting up other cities.

Otherwise, not my cuppa tea. Too many artists that I've seen and don't need to see again, and not enough new that would make me want to go.
Same here. I am in east TN, so likely to get some left overs. Also we lost our #2 festival in town (no, Big Ears is still on) and that might get us some more love.

Back