Movies

It's because they had already started on Monsters Inc at that point and used the technology for Sully's fur on the dog. Humans look better in Toy Story 2 as well.

Especially early on, each Pixar movie involved them developing whole new tools to animate different things.

This is the one of his I haven't seen, but I just picked up the blu-ray 3-pack with this, Get Out, and Nope, so I need to watch it soon!

Last edited:
Still haven’t revisited this since theaters but it left me thinking.
2020-penny.jpg

I went to the theater to watch Makoto Shinkai's newest movie Suzume. Like I said earlier, I am newer to exploring anime films. But I enjoyed Your Name and I wanted to see Suzume because seeing something like that on a giant screen just seemed amazing. And it was. It's such a joy to look at, like every inch of every frame is beautifully animated. And the plot of the movie moves at a really nice pace. It also seems somewhat similar to Your Name's tone and themes except with a lot more fun Miyazaki-esque stuff thrown in. Which is perfect for me. I love Studio Ghibli and this one felt closer to that in some ways. The ending is a bit convoluted, but ultimately I didn't care because I had so much fun watching it. I just feel like it nails the various tones its juggling while also being incredibly engaging.

Gonna end up seeing two more movies in theaters next week. Beau is Afraid (despite feeling like it might be bad) and the Spirited Away stage show screening (which looks phenomenal).

I went to the theater to watch Makoto Shinkai's newest movie Suzume. Like I said earlier, I am newer to exploring anime films. But I enjoyed Your Name and I wanted to see Suzume because seeing something like that on a giant screen just seemed amazing. And it was. It's such a joy to look at, like every inch of every frame is beautifully animated. And the plot of the movie moves at a really nice pace. It also seems somewhat similar to Your Name's tone and themes except with a lot more fun Miyazaki-esque stuff thrown in. Which is perfect for me. I love Studio Ghibli and this one felt closer to that in some ways. The ending is a bit convoluted, but ultimately I didn't care because I had so much fun watching it. I just feel like it nails the various tones its juggling while also being incredibly engaging.

Gonna end up seeing two more movies in theaters next week. Beau is Afraid (despite feeling like it might be bad) and the Spirited Away stage show screening (which looks phenomenal).
I'm seeing Suzume tomorrow! Looking forward to it.

Have you watched Weathering with You?

I've only seen Weathering with You, which was good. I enjoy the close relationship that director seems to have with the band Radwimps, whom his crew consistently taps for their movies main themes. Radwimps kicks off a short, almost sold-out live stint across the US/CAN tomorrow, and I'm stoked to finally get to see them next Monday. They were one of the few top acts I had hoped to catch when abroad in Japan but never got the opportunity. Now if only Ling Tosite Sigure and Maximum the Hormone would make it over here...

I've only seen Weathering with You, which was good. I enjoy the close relationship that director seems to have with the band Radwimps, whom his crew consistently taps for their movies main themes. Radwimps kicks off a short, almost sold-out live stint across the US/CAN tomorrow, and I'm stoked to finally get to see them next Monday. They were one of the few top acts I had hoped to catch when abroad in Japan but never got the opportunity. Now if only Ling Tosite Sigure and Maximum the Hormone would make it over here...

Radwimps’ soundtrack for Your Name rules.

so good.

i think it's between this and marvin in pulp fiction for the most unexpectedly hilarious death in a movie
out-of-sight-bob-trip.gif
Yep. I liked it more this time around than the first time I saw it 12 years ago (time flies).
He’s such a klutz. And that was the third time he’d tripped that night lol

Back