Movies

Watched Nomadland b/c I remember @siremobunny said it was good and it's on Hulu.
Its not like movies I generally watched but I liked it a lot. Really nice beautiful moments in it. On the surface, I guess I can't really relate to Fern but I feel like I understand her a bit and it's hard to not feel personal about the movie. That scene with Swankie reminds me of someone I knew - and I feel like I've had that conversation before.

I also watched I Care A Lot - I actually enjoyed it a lot. I thought Rosamund did a fantastic job - she was really funny in it. She played the part perfectly where you're supposed to hate her because she's gross but admire her determination. Without any spoilers - I thought the ending was a bit anticlimactic but I mean... good enough

in case you need a few more recommends ;)
Thanks for sharing this, the 'Sound Of Metal' sounds like a great premise for a film, I will check that one out asap!

Right, for every Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip you also get The West Wing and most of the movies he’s written are at the very least pretty good.
Idk I feel like if any other writer were to rinse recycle their own zingers like this they'd be called a hack. He's probably about to win an oscar for it tho, idk.

Last edited:
I thought The United States vs. Billie Holiday was really uneven. Some moments were incredibly powerful and moving and others I couldn't tell what was going on and the transitions/effects felt like a B level film in terms of execution.

Back