MoFi UltraDeck / StudioDeck Owners and those interested

I don't recall seeing this in the thread, if it's common knowledge forgive me. I was doom googling isolation feet and happened to see this. Wow, we have $200 feets!

MOFI STUDIODECK FEET

ANTI-VIBRATION FEET BY HRS
Now available for other Turntables - $199

Any vibration of the stylus that is not created by the grooves in the record is a distortion that will mask musical detail. Developed in conjunction with Mike Latvis and the engineering team at Harmonic Resolution Systems, the world leader in vibration isolation for audio equipment, the included MoFi anti-vibration feet isolate your turntable from bad vibrations.

My previous turntable was quite susceptible to footsteps, whereas my Studiodeck has been rock steady!

My previous turntable was quite susceptible to footsteps, whereas my Studiodeck has been rock steady!
If you have bouncy floors and or a table susceptible to vibrations some use a sandbox underneath their table as a effective isolation method. If your inclined to DIY you can make one quite cheap. Or look for Bright Star Audio on the used market. Pretty confident it will work better than a waterbed 😊

Hey everyone! I just recently got my MoFi UltraDeck+ M with MoFi UltraPhono, it sounds astonishing! I was a bit worried since when I press the power button it's not always starting to spin the platter and when it does I can hear the little squeak, but looks like it's totally ok according to this thread, I give a little spin to the platter manually before I press the power button and everything works great.

Hey everyone! I just recently got my MoFi UltraDeck+ M with MoFi UltraPhono, it sounds astonishing! I was a bit worried since when I press the power button it's not always starting to spin the platter and when it does I can hear the little squeak, but looks like it's totally ok according to this thread, I give a little spin to the platter manually before I press the power button and everything works great.
Yeah, it’s the result of the small round belt profile they use. Worthwhile trade-off for being able to change speeds so easily!

Record question for my UD friends:

Does Bill Withers +Justments (VMP) and Bill Withers Carnegie Hall (MoFi) sound like “hot” recordings on your system or are they buttery smooth?

Does Bill Withers +Justments (VMP) and Bill Withers Carnegie Hall (MoFi) sound like “hot” recordings on your system or are they buttery smooth?
mail them to me and I will let you know. 🙂

I don’t remember them sounding hot but can spin them when I’m at home. Do you have them or are considering getting them?

I didn’t know where to put this, so it’s going in here.

Andrew Jones will be designing speakers for MoFi as part of their plans to create an entire mofi system.

I can’t wait to see who they get for amps. I’m thinking it’s gotta be solid state with AJ on board though.

Andrew Jones will be designing speakers for MoFi as part of their plans to create an entire mofi system.

I can’t wait to see who they get for amps. I’m thinking it’s gotta be solid state with AJ on board though.
MoFi is stepping it up to take a leading role in this slice of the high-end market. The turntables and cartridges have been impressive. The phonos have been less widely covered, but probably deserve more attention.

Last edited:
MoFi is stepping it up to take a leading role in this slice of the high-end market. The turntables and cartridges have been impressive. The phonos have been less widely covered, but probably deserve more attention.
I should add to this by mentioning they have also picked up US distribution of Mastersound amps. Maybe a sign of things to come?

They had a really close working relationship with Tim de Paravinci before he passed so I’d have put money on him back then. Now? Hard to know!

Last edited:
Well, today I ran into a little snag that had me perplexed. When I pressed the power button on my UltraDeck today it ran for about 7-8 seconds then shut off. Tried it again about 5 times and it continued to shut off, always after the same period of time. I unplugged the turntable and tried again, still with no success. I unplugged it for varying periods of time, but always ended with the same 7-8 shut off. After shaking my fist at the world, I eventually resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to contact MoFi and at best, have the problem solved with some simple fix over the phone or at worst, have the turntable packed up and shipped off for more serious repairs.

Being Sunday, I wasn't going to get anywhere till tomorrow. So that was that. ...Well, I'm the proverbial fool at times, so against all hope, I stopped by the turtable and tried again a few hours later. Yep, same results. As I was about to walk away dejected, I figure I'd try something that my over-inflated electronics savvy ego assured me would be worth my time. I unplugged the turntable, but before plugging it back in, I pressed and held the power button down. The turntable did not power back up, but when I release the button and pressed it again. Bingo! I'm back in business folks. No more shut off. Who'd thunk?

I'll be calling MoFi to make sure my issue is documented for warranty purposes, and I'm sure the guy will tell me that what I did was what he would have told me to do. Heck, you guys might have known this already and I ran into it blind, but all the same, if this happens to you, then give it a try. In all honesty, I hope it was some weird cosmic fluke, because I'm really enjoying this turntable and would hate to think that I'd have to do this periodically ad infinitum. I'll keep you folks posted.
I purchased a new UltraDeck last Friday and on Sunday experienced the same shut off issues you reported in your posting . I was able to get the unit running again but a couple of hours later it shut off while playing a record . I was able to start it up again without a problem .

My question is , did you contact Mofi to get there take on this issue and if yes what did they say as like you I am concerned about documenting issues for warranty purposes .

I previously had a StudioDeck for about a month , but returned it to the dealer due to a number of issues .

Back