Mnpctech Custom Turntable Anti-Vibration / Isolation Foot Thread.

Holiday season always brings inquires from newcomers to vinyl community. The majority want confirmation in our chat before they order

Q: "This will stop my vibration problem?"

A: "No guarantee any isolation product by any manufacturer will end your vibrations. Everyone's enviroment, equipment, and ears are different. Stopping vibrations is often a multi-step process requiring more layers of isolation. These layers could include relocating your equipment or updating furniture to something heavier." It dawned on me I could save time and educate people with a guide. Here's the link below,

Eliminate Vibrations and Humming Sound in Your Analog Turntable: The Ultimate Guide by Mnpctech.

@Mnpctech do you have any videos of someone installing these feet? I'm curious if they can easily be installed without flipping the turntable over, or if it's recommend to install while facing down. I have the Pro-Ject Carbon, so if it needs to be flipped, I'm sure the platter would need to come out, but the tonearm I'm a bit worried about moving. Thanks.

@Mnpctech do you have any videos of someone installing these feet? I'm curious if they can easily be installed without flipping the turntable over, or if it's recommend to install while facing down. I have the Pro-Ject Carbon, so if it needs to be flipped, I'm sure the platter would need to come out, but the tonearm I'm a bit worried about moving. Thanks.

@Melt Face Molly Drop when you need to flip the table, or box it to move it, you have to secure the arm. If you remember when you bought it there was a red tie wrap holding it still. If you get that out again you wrap it around the arm and support to hold it in place. Had to do it last year to fit the shim under the tonearm.

Another tip when you remove the platter and sub platter is to tape a bit of cotton wool or kitchen paper over the bearing to stop oil leakage. You’ll need to do a full re-oil, rather than just top up, once you flip it back again.

I just put mine on the side when I installed them. Wasn't too difficult.

"Will this make my music sound better?"

I actually like FURUTECH's phono pre-amp, but did double take when I saw this. I guess Props for finding something to refill Koolaid in the glasses of uneducated Audio consumers? You can buy plastic cover dirt cheap. (shakes head)

image (23).png

Back