Mnpctech Custom Turntable Anti-Vibration / Isolation Foot Thread.

Terry shared this comparison pics of his old stock foot and my custom anti-vibration isolation feet for FLUANCE RT82, RT83, RT84, RT85 Turntable Riser Isolation Feet Upgrades

buy-fluance-upgrade-rt-isolation-feet-stop-vibrations_480x480.jpg

Armando's setup w/ Mnpctech Isolation Turntable Feet, Buy Custom Replacement DJ Turntable Vibration and Isolation Feet

The amp is the Pioneer SA-7500, the tuner is the TX-6700...The EQ is the Pioneer SG-9800, I run it all through a Pioneer multi-mixing amp, the Pioneer MA-100, (but I don't actually use the mixing amp, it's just a run-through) and my reel to reel is the Pioneer RT-707. Of course, the turntables are the Pioneer PL-15DII and the Pioneer PL-540.

45376327_10217091249290517_3303282368378306560_o-jpg.733407

Do you need Isolation feet? It all depends upon your individual ears, equipment and environment.

btw Dana's platter ring on his Technics 1210GAE is a "Wayne's Audio Custom Periphery Ring" that Wayne manufactures and sells for the new Technics turntables. The cartridge is a HANA ML MC cartridge mounted on a Nasotec Swing Headshell model # 203A1.

Thank you for the kind note David!

just wanted to let you know I installed the mnpctech turntable isolation feet today and my low frequency rubble is completely gone, with zero sound penalty. I've been struggling to solve this problem for 2 months and voila!

Thanks so much!

-David.

denon-upgrade-turntable-feet.jpg

Do you have any videos that show how these feet are installed on different brands of turntable? As an example of what I can't quite figure out from the photos you've posted, I have a Thorens TD-160 and its small rubber feet, which are maybe 3/4" diameter, are installed very close to the corners of the base of the unit, and there's a bit of a lip around the edge that is lower than the plane where the feet are installed. It's difficult to know whether the feet you offer for this turntable would fit into those same holes given how close they are to the corners (and the lip), but then I imagine you have taken all of this into account. Bottom line is that it would be helpful to see how the replacement works (rather than just seeing the finished product). Thanks! (I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think what you're offering is promising.)

Hi @Russ I

Are you seeking custom look or dampening?

I understand your frustration. I don't have videos or photos showing installation of the majority of my custom feet. I don't have the funds to buy the variety of tables, especially niche models within each brand. Vinyl Engine Archives has helped somewhat, but majority of manufacturers don't state dimensions or thread specs in the Service Manual PDFs. I built my inventory of feet for vintage tables by getting individual feedback from customers. I have worked with customers in sharing installation photos, but that hasn't covered every foot. Your post got me messaging my customer in France who restores Thorens tables. He replaces the bottom cover with thicker particle board, then attaches the feet to that. It's much better isolation than using the thin factory cover. I will make note of this on the product page. This also made me wonder if I should start making custom replacement covers as an option?

Hi @Russ I

Are you seeking custom look or dampening?

I understand your frustration. I don't have videos or photos showing installation of the majority of my custom feet. I don't have the funds to buy the variety of tables, especially niche models within each brand. Vinyl Engine Archives has helped somewhat, but majority of manufacturers don't state dimensions or thread specs in the Service Manual PDFs. I built my inventory of feet for vintage tables by getting individual feedback from customers. I have worked with customers in sharing installation photos, but that hasn't covered every foot. Your post got me messaging my customer in France who restores Thorens tables. He replaces the bottom cover with thicker particle board, then attaches the feet to that. It's much better isolation than using the thin factory cover. I will make note of this on the product page. This also made me wonder if I should start making custom replacement covers as an option?
I think dampening would be the main thing, plus the tiny rubber feet on the Thorens just plain suck. But I suppose the main question I was posing to you was whether it's guaranteed that the feet you are selling will work with the turntable in original form, or will modifications be necessary? Given that your website lists feet by turntable brand, the implication is that they've been customized for each table. In some cases (based on photos), that seems likely, but in others, not so much.

I should note that I definitely appreciate that for the feet you are selling for Clearaudio turntables, you've have provided the information that they will not work with the Clearaudio dust cover. (Since the dust cover sits on the same surface as the turntable, raising the turntable with the feet will cause it to be 'too tall' for the cover.)

EDIT: I suppose the general question I'm trying to ask is what designates these and these as Thorens-specific feet?

Last edited:
I think dampening would be the main thing, plus the tiny rubber feet on the Thorens just plain suck. But I suppose the main question I was posing to you was whether it's guaranteed that the feet you are selling will work with the turntable in original form, or will modifications be necessary? Given that your website lists feet by turntable brand, the implication is that they've been customized for each table. In some cases (based on photos), that seems likely, but in others, not so much.

Modification (replacing bottom cover with heavier material) would be ideal.

Another option to consider is an Isolation Platform.

I should note that I definitely appreciate that for the feet you are selling for Clearaudio turntables, you've have provided the information that they will not work with the Clearaudio dust cover. (Since the dust cover sits on the same surface as the turntable, raising the turntable with the feet will cause it to be 'too tall' for the cover.)

EDIT: I suppose the general question I'm trying to ask is what designates these and these as Thorens-specific feet?

They both include wood screws.

Back