May 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge - A Crash Course for the Ravers

Day 24 - Love You Till Tuesday
I was very lonely till I met you on Sunday / My passion's never-ending and I'll love you till Tuesday
Play a song that mentions a day of the week

Some Brazilian music for a change.
This one is considered a classic and it's my favorite from this band. Their guitarist (Edgar Scandurra) is freaking amazing.
It includes Manhãs de Domingo (Sunday Mornings).

Ira! - Psicoacústica

C32599D2-8761-4D23-A0DA-88C0FE700A99.jpeg

Day 29 - The Stars (Are Out Tonight)
Stars are never sleeping / Dead ones and the living
Play something about stars

The Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (1995 Virgin; 2014 reissue)
Lots of stars all over this... on the cover, LP2 is called Twilight to Starlight, track "By Starlight", without counting all of the references to the night in general in tracks like "Tonight Tonight", "We Only Come Out At Night" and "Farewell and Goodnight" and LP1 themed around the night.

IMG_2582.JPG

Play something about stars

Stars - The Five Ghosts

View attachment 140762

How about something by Stars? Possibly my favorite Stars album, Dead Hearts is such a fantastic, melancholy way to kick off the album.

Double challenge score!!

Willie Nelson – Somewhere Over The Rainbow
20220529_191716.jpg

I was just about to hit play on Stardust when I remembered @jfitzy had played it already but I wanted some dinnertime Willie; fortunately he sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on this one, so here we are!

Day 30 - Kooks - Duncan Zowie Haywood Jones born May 30 1971
We bought a lot of things / To keep you warm and dry / And a funny old crib on which the paint won't dry
Play a lullaby (interpret this any way you want)

The Cure ᴹᴵᵡᵊᴰ ᵙᴩ (1990 Elektra)
Open with an extended mix of the track Lullaby.

IMG_2583.JPG

Day 30 - Kooks - Duncan Zowie Haywood Jones born May 30 1971
We bought a lot of things / To keep you warm and dry / And a funny old crib on which the paint won't dry

Neko Case & Her Boyfriends - Furnace Room Lullaby

6DC9F163-0DEA-4937-AA51-1AE66302D383.jpeg

This one is particularly special to me because it has TWO songs about my hometown

Back