May 2021 - Vinyl Spins Challenge Thread

Day 4: May the Forth Be With You

Alright, I'm gonna play this one just as @Joe Mac proposed it.

He didn't say fourth (4th), he said forth (forwards). So...

Aztec Camera - Backwards And Forwards

This record has one of my favorite covers. Roddy deadpans his way through this thing and just when you think he's gonna nod off, he unleashes a noise that would make Eddie proud.

20210504_015343.jpg

Day 4: May the Forth Be With You - Interpret this one as you will

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights

Today is also the birthday of the late great Sharon Jones! Here's an image I (very quickly) created that I'm going to open a work presentation with today haha For Star Wars nerds and music nerds alike!

SJ&DV - May the 4th.jpg

Last edited:

Alright, I'm gonna play this one just as @Joe Mac proposed it.

He didn't say fourth (4th), he said forth (forwards). So...

Aztec Camera - Backwards And Forwards

This record has one of my favorite covers. Roddy deadpans his way through this thing and just when you think he's gonna nod off, he unleashes a noise that would make Eddie proud.

View attachment 98037

So I did a copy paste from the original title post and didn't pay attention to the spelling! I would have picked better music than disco star wars, but with way more depressing reasons. What are the do over rules for days on these things??

So I did a copy paste from the original title post and didn't pay attention to the spelling! I would have picked better music than disco star wars, but with way more depressing reasons. What are the do over rules for days on these things??

Ive actually amended it to fourth since because that was what I meant but while it alludes to Star Wars I had said “interpret how you will” so it wasn’t meant to restrict to that which is why I love @Yer Ol' Uncle D creativity and my intention is to play an artists fourth album.

Ive actually amended it to fourth since because that was what I meant but while it alludes to Star Wars I had said “interpret how you will” so it wasn’t meant to restrict to that which is why I love @Yer Ol' Uncle D creativity and my intention is to play an artists fourth album.
Plus he played Aztec Camera so that trumps everything

Day 4: May the Fourth Be With You

Walt Disney Productions - The Black Hole

20210504_075204.jpg

This is the record that propelled me forth into science fiction and space. Before I had even heard of Star Wars I had this record and played it over and over again (this is not my childhood copy, I bought this one for my own kiddo the moment I spotted it.) From here I moved on to Droids and Ewoks comic books and then the Star Wars films themselves. Interestingly, I never saw the actual film until well after I'd become a fan of Star Wars. The Black Hole may not have a tremendous fandom, but it still holds a special place in my heart!

[edit: spelling]

Since @ducktree scooped my first choice of Meco, I'll go with someone who fits both the theme of the Forth and Fourth.

Neil Young is well known for always looking forward, and rarely looking back. He also had a Star Wars presence on his Rust Never Sleeps tour, with his Jawa-like Road Eyes. So in that vein, today's pick is:

Neil Young & Crazy Horse ~ Live Rust

1620144063622.png

Last edited:
Day 04: May the Fouth Be With You

Happy Star Wars Day!

Scientist - Scientist And Jammy Strike Back!
70266806-9C95-4FB1-9F63-6165A5BD9A99.jpeg
Dub wunderkind, Scientist was no fool (obviously, right? With a name like “Scientist” it would be pretty ironic if he were), he jumped on the Star Wars bandwagon in 1982 to promote this brilliant LP. Though it’s the album & tracks titles allude to the movie and the artwork is some bastardization of Star Wars and Flash Gordon in the best way possible. The album itself is just some amazing thick-bass booming Dub at its dankest with absolutely zero references to Space, Sci-fi, or Star Wars.

Damn that cover is absolutely amazing. I love straight to VHS, movie rip-off covers. The helmet on Luke(?) is ripped from the original Battlestar Galactica as well.
Right? This was one of those albums I picked up without having ever heard it basically because of the album art. I had another Scientist LP and really enjoyed that so I figured this one wouldn’t be any worse. Turns out I actually enjoy this album more than my other one.

Day 4: May the Fourth Be With You

Can I haz moar sci-fi?

"The album's story casts Del in the role of Deltron Zero, a disillusioned mech soldier and interplanetary computer prodigy rebelling against a 31st-century New World Order. In a world where evil oligarchs suppress both human rights and hip-hop, Del fights rap battles against a series of foes, becoming Galactic Rhyme Federation Champion."

610F5E1F-BC7C-4427-BA5F-47310EE72F96.jpeg

Back