May 2021 - Vinyl Spins Challenge Thread

Day 31: We’ve Come To The End Of The Line
The month is over and you’ve all no doubt bought the usual metric shit tonne of vinyl this month. Spin your favourite May grab for me today.

Harry Nilsson "Nilsson Schmilsson" (1971 RCA; 2021 MOFI remaster)
Favorite May pick-up? It's clearly this one. Also, I just notice I added 24 27 (LOL, 3 more just came in) records this month. NO REGRETS!

IMG_1520.JPG

Last edited:
Day 30: Unloved
Play an album that you bought prior to 2021 but that you haven’t yet got around to spinning this year.

Got it last year and haven't played in 2021.
This one was a personal copy from one of the owners of the record shop I've been going for ages (the shop actually changed names a couple of times but it was always run by the same 2 guys).
Sadly, he passed away yesterday from covid complications.
Thanks for everything, rest in peace Cimo.

4DB71DAC-0A26-401E-BE8F-1B2DEE61050B.jpeg

The month is over and you’ve all no doubt bought the usual metric shit tonne of vinyl this month. Spin your favourite May grab for me today.

I was eagerly waiting for their debut and it didn't not disappoint.
AotY contender, IMO

Squid - Bright Green Field

3FFABD41-0115-4C2A-A8BB-1537922836D2.jpeg

EDIT:
How rude of me, I forgot to thank the host!
Great themes @Joe Mac !!!
Thanks for setting up this month's challenge!

Last edited:

The Delgados - The Great Eastern

I was going to play this one for Scottish day and got scooped, but it did arrive earlier this month shipped all the way from Glasgow, and it's so, so good, so it's getting another spin right now!

20210531_112818.jpg

Day 30: Unloved

Play an album that you bought prior to 2021 but that you haven’t yet got around to spinning this year

Guns & Roses - Appetite For Destruction
3028C67F-08FC-46AA-AC02-CB82D22F36C1.jpeg

I picked this up last year when one of the Warner record sites (Sound Of Vinyl or UDiscover Music, I can’t remember which one) got a little too cute with their sales. They had discounted a handful of Titles to “free” but for the shipping & handling cost. They also began running a site wide sale giving free shipping & handling but forgot to end the other promotion first so all the albums listed as “free” were then actually legitimately free. This was one of the 4 titles I ordered that day but for whatever reason hadn’t yet busted it out for a spin. Now seems like as good a time as any.

The month is over and you’ve all no doubt bought the usual metric shit tonne of vinyl this month. Spin your favourite May grab for me today

My Morning Jacket - At Dawn
93A34DF2-3248-44BE-BFD3-7FCFF2651B90.jpeg
The initial pre-order for this went up in December or January and it was suppose to be shipped in March. Regardless if finally arrived at the tail end of May and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve always loved MMJ but of all their albums At Dawn has always been my favorite. This album was pressed well and sounds fantastic. I could’ve happier.

As always, a big thank you to @Joe Mac for putting together a brilliant month. It’s been fun!

Last edited:
Thanks @Joe Mac , I haven't yet completed this month. I know my plan for spinning all the N&G records got all screwed up, but it was fun trying to fit them into the topics! (some more successful than others)

June monthly challenge is ready, so head on over and let's go on a holiday!

Miles Davis - Filles de Kilimanjaro (1969, Columbia)

PXL_20210601_045432229.jpg

I'm always in the lookout for 60s era Miles, so when this popped up at the shop up the road from me I immediately nabbed it. Super clean copy for $30 , feels like a steal.

Sorry this ain't gonna be your favorite @Joe Mac but thanks for hosting a month of great themes I almost kept up with!! 😁

Edit/update: My Lord, I've thought it a lot, but what planet was Tony Williams from?? Freaking hell.

Last edited:
Day 31 - End of the Line
black midi - Cavalcade

Last new album I received in May. Great one.

View attachment 101267
I tried to buy this from my local last weekend. I ordered it online to ensure it wouldn’t sell out prior to me getting in to pick it up on Saturday. I went In Saturday and they had it in a brown bag waiting for me. I went and ran some errands and came home and was gonna spin it. Pulled it out of the bag and [sad trombone] it was a goddamn picture disc. So I had to go back to the store and return it. I found some other good stuff while I was there so it wasn’t a total bust but still.

Back