May 2021 - Vinyl Spins Challenge Thread

I tried to buy this from my local last weekend. I ordered it online to ensure it wouldn’t sell out prior to me getting in to pick it up on Saturday. I went In Saturday and they had it in a brown bag waiting for me. I went and ran some errands and came home and was gonna spin it. Pulled it out of the bag and [sad trombone] it was a goddamn picture disc. So I had to go back to the store and return it. I found some other good stuff while I was there so it wasn’t a total bust but still.

Yeah, I generally just email the mgr at my local with titles that I want when I see them go up for pre-order (usually here) and he sets one aside for me. I've kind of just set the expectation that I want the indie version if there is one and no longer bother specifying.

I got an email from him that he got this for me but couldn't secure the picture disc - oof, dodged a bullet there. I guess I need to keep an eye out for what the indie version actually is now - I hope picture discs variants don't become a thing.

Day 31: We’ve Come To The End Of The Line

The month is over and you’ve all no doubt bought the usual metric shit tonne of vinyl this month. Spin your favourite May grab for me today.

The new album by Reigning Sound definitely tops my May list!

RS.jpeg

Day 31: We’ve Come To The End Of The Line

Thanks for hosting @Joe Mac

I really don't know why I never had this album on vinyl before now...

Foo Fighters ‎– The Colour And The Shape
Roswell Records/RCA ‎– 88697983221RE1, 1997/~2020

Cut by Chris Bellman
Pressed at Pallas

krdVnm.jpg

GwDZjI.jpg

Back