May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

DAY 25 - ARTIST YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE LIVE
Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION
Confession: I've really only been to one concert. As someone stuck in rural KY, a lack of opportunity and money combined with proximity has lead to me not really going to concerts. That said, I do have a big bucket list of bands and artists I'd like to see at some point. I could have picked a multitude of albums but CRJ comes to mind when I think of a concert I'd love to be at. Hearing "Run Away with Me" alone live would be awesome. She's such a great performer with an amazing discography behind her that it would be cool to see her bring any of her songs to life on stage.
20200524_233640.jpg

Day 25 - Would love to see live

20200525_001537.jpg

The White Stripes - Elephant

God I'd kill to see these to live, but I know itll never happen. I totally respect Meg White's wishes to stay away but I would love even a limited run tour from these two. I have little to no interest in seeing Jack either solo or with his other groups, I just want white stripes

Day 25 - Would love to see live

I was lucky that I was able to see many artists, including such as David Bowie, Oasis or Prince. Also artists like Björk or Tori Amos. Now there's one other incredible artist I would love to see live and that's Kate Bush. She never was someone who did many concerts unfortunately (I think she just did some at the start of her career and some a few years ago which I wasn't able to see).

So for today I play
Kate Bush "on stage".

IMG_20200525_082847.jpg

DAY 25 - ARTIST YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE LIVE
Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION
Confession: I've really only been to one concert. As someone stuck in rural KY, a lack of opportunity and money combined with proximity has lead to me not really going to concerts. That said, I do have a big bucket list of bands and artists I'd like to see at some point. I could have picked a multitude of albums but CRJ comes to mind when I think of a concert I'd love to be at. Hearing "Run Away with Me" alone live would be awesome. She's such a great performer with an amazing discography behind her that it would be cool to see her bring any of her songs to life on stage.
View attachment 48834
Now you have to tell us who the one real concert was?

Day 25: An artist you haven’t seen live but would love to be able to

So I’ve restricted this to someone I could actually still see, so no one dead or split up, which leaves me with the Boss..somehow every tour in the U.K. has eluded me ..wrong places , wrong times etc ..one day I will make it ... hs one of the last on my list ..managed to get to Bowie on his last tour , same with Motörhead , seen the who, Stones etc , pretty much all the greats ..think McCartney might be the other one left to see

Bruce Springsteen “Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ” 1973

99EAFA9F-16E0-4885-9256-22044068FD33.jpeg02C144FE-F67A-4C89-987F-85ABC24B2268.jpegF77F9F5B-5D8D-43C8-8B15-25077E4A5C05.jpeg

Now you have to tell us who the one real concert was?
Radiohead! I went to the concert in Cincinnati on July 25, 2018. It was a few hours away but very much worth the trip... they're one of the most important bands to me and things happened to line up so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was definitely an amazing night and made me want to go to more concerts! Someone actually uploaded the show I was at to YouTube

Also, I was supposed to see Hayley Williams on June 29th, but that's not happening now for obvious reasons. It's a bummer but also not surprising.

Day 24 Soundtrack

I’m putting this up because we’re stuck in the house on Memorial Day Weekend . I told my daughter this year we would drive to some six flags across the county since we have the membership and the first song on this album would most certainly be playing in the background.
CB366A5D-6A08-48C2-A5FA-2E86E16446D4.jpeg

Day 25: An artist you haven’t seen live but would love to be able to

D34C482A-0FC0-47EA-A2A4-E257B87B68BF.jpeg

Otis Redding / The Jimi Hendrix Experience
"Historic Performance Recorded at the Monterey International Pop Festival"

Ok kind of doing a 2 for 1 thing there! Bought this when I was on a Hendrix kick but it was Otis that blew me away! I'm picking artists that I will never have a chance to see just because I still feel like if they're still around there's always a chance.... There's no chance here!

Back