May 2020 Record Challenge Thread (PRIZE RAFFLE AT THE END!)

Day 17 Poptarts

This made me notice how little pop music I have in my collection which needs to be fixed because my 6 Year Old Daughter daughter is a little future poptart .
I did just get these 3 ladies who I was a fan of in the 90’s whenever I was taking a break from Rap and Grunge.
Side note I went to school with Left Eyes sister she was really cool and I would love to say that I spent a lot of time picking her brain and getting some valuable info the group how the industry worked, but I’d be lying because I was 15 and spent most every conversational trying to get her to hook me up with Chili.
9ED68102-6B10-4951-8E5F-0C8F6C1A477F.jpeg

Day 17 - Poptart Approved

Taylor Swift - 1989

I had to get this pick in early, because it’s literallymy only modern pop album. Not that I’m against pop music, it’s just hard for me to find a whole album from the genre that I would want to play through repeatedly. This one is, for sure. Whether it’s the multi-plat bangers like Shake It Off or the Indie-pop hidden gems like I Wish You Would, this album goes. Shit, I could have easily used this as my Something To Get Drunk To album.

09EE41F3-F592-49E5-BEB0-164B19AD01B4.jpeg

Day 17: Happy 1 year birthday to CRJ’S Dedicated! Play a Poptart certified album

Sadly these days a lot of “new” music , pop or otherwise, just reminds of copies of copies , but every now and again someone or something cuts thru , and this “pop” artist may just be the best new act of the last 10 years for me ..each album is unique to itself and different from the last , and so far all have been excellent ..this one , to me , is the best new album in the last 10 years by anyone ...

..and it helps she’s super hot...

Lana Del Ray “Ultraviolence” 2014

94F6E2CF-3AD8-4D63-B738-ECC74FB82990.jpeg48DD2A94-5253-4361-80D0-E7DB2240E93E.jpeg

Day 17: Happy 1 year birthday to CRJ’S Dedicated! Play a Poptart certified album

Jennifer Lopez - On the 6 (Sony, 2020 VMP Exclusive on Brown & White Vinyl)

I also got stressed at today's pick, and even more when I saw that @Poly-Rythmo had chosen the record I was going to use! Luckily my girlfriend came to the rescue with 'Jennifer Lopez - On the 6', a record which we literally played yesterday but I still somehow managed to forget. I actually liked this, it's not my usual thing but the songs were catchy and I especially liked the Spanish spoken tracks. We have Jennifer Lopez - J.Lo (the other VMP Exclusive) lined up next.

IMG_6982.JPG

Day 17: Pop

I think this and the Like A Virgin I have were from my wife's collection of a handful I took from her parents house back when we started dating. I don't mind Madonna, but it really isn't something I would go out of my way to buy.

Madonna ‎– True Blue
Sire ‎– 1-25442, 1986

Cut at Future Disc
Pressed at Specialty

t6LwiF.jpg

hYCQxH.jpg

Day 17 - Happy 1 year birthday to CRJ’S Dedicated! Play a Poptart certified album

Jonas Brothers - Happiness Is

When I see Poptart certified I know it has to be approved by the Queen of the Poptarts, @Teeeee, and we've talked about this one so I know it's approved haha I was going to post Dua Lipa here, but figured someone would probably beat me to it, or want to post it, so I went with an album that I feel didn't get enough attention last year. I was never a Jonas Brothers fan before, but this album is great!

This is what I planned on playing last night. This morning I decided I wanted to hear Lionel.

Yeah I had set my mind in one their two for this. If you’d played this one I’d have spun the debut lol. I think the debut has the stronger singles but this is the better album. I’m really looking forward to their third coming next month!

0B4FACF2-7CF0-4289-B46E-9155D019D339.jpeg

7D5594A5-6261-4B87-8244-917AE2B7FDB2.jpeg

The South Dallas POP Festival (pay no attention to the person that crossed out pop and wrote funk)

This is as close as I get to pop! I'm not sure what the certification rules were in the 70's but technically it was a POP Festival and I'm sure tarts were available at any number of refreshment stands!

Back