March 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Here It Goes Again

MARCH 1
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

Alice In Chains ~ Facelift

To say that Alice in Chains as a whole is influential to music is like saying we breathe. Instead, I will wax as to why they are so important to me. When I was going through late high school, my eyes were opened to may a genre that my younger (sheltered) self would balk at. This band gave me my all-time favorite song as well as introduced me to some of the best damn harmonies in music. They also introduced me to Mike Inez who is my current favorite bassist alive. (I know he's not on this album. I love Mike Starr too!)

I was born April 5, 1991. We lost Layne in 2002 and I was 11 far too young to understand. Now each year around my bday I look back on him, Kurt, and John Pinette as three men who influenced my life and I wouldn't be who I am without them. I also think metal as a whole would not be the same. As I prepared to come back from hiatus for my metal event I host on discord, I heard a cover that I didn't even know existed by Opeth of a song off dirt.

By the way if you HAVE NOT picked up this pressing and like this band Y O U B U Y N O W! It is so good!

IMG_1275.jpg

MARCH 2
MOVE YOUR FEET
It's time to dance!🕺💃

Too on the nose?
🎶
Let's dance
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues
Let's dance
To the song they're playin' on the radio
Let's sway
While color lights up your face
Let's sway
Sway through the crowd to an empty space🎶

David Bowie - Let's Dance

AFE93BAE-96F6-4DC4-BF3C-56D2B4BFC339.jpeg

MARCH 1
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
Pay respects to the early pioneers by playing an album that you don't think the history of music would be the same without.

Radiohead - The Bends

I don't think this is their best album, but it's definitely their most influential. You can draw a straight line from The Bends to a decade's worth of British rock bands, some bad, some good, and a few pretty darn great.

20200217_090913-jpg.33247

Back