March 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Here It Goes Again

shit does that mean I have to go back and find what I posted :ROFLMAO:

Haha... probably. I actually keep a list on a sheet of paper by the turntable to remind me what I played previously during the month. The months can kind of blur together sometimes, so I don't always remember if I already played something or not.

Day 27: Blast from the past

Think I missed this one. I struggled with it a bit, because I think this is a fairly modern-sounding album, too, but I remember when it came out Robin was talking a lot about Roy Harper's Stormcock and Van Morrison's Astral Weeks. Or critics were, or other people were. Either way, it introduced me to at least two classic records.

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

PXL_20220402_141412957~2.jpg

Day 29: Two-fer Tuesday

Paul Simon - Graceland

I've been back into vinyl long enough now that there aren't too many more albums I want to double up on with a vinyl copy to go with my earlier CD. (That process is thankfully almost complete...I think.) I try to curate my record collection with mostly all-timers (my own), so of course I had to get a copy of this. Also I'm seeing a "Classic Albums Live" of this at Massey Hall tonight so I was due for a re-listen.

PXL_20220402_151649563~2.jpg

Big thanks and round of applause to everyone who participated this month! I hope it was fun and enjoyable. Many good tunes were played.

I'm going to start going through the thread to see who all qualifies for the raffle soon, but don't worry if you're not up to date yet because I probably won't be pulling a name until closer to the end of next week. So there's still plenty of time to finish up if you want a chance at the gift card!

I am thinking back on chis challenge often. This was so much fun and a huge thanks to @gaporter
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Many thanks to you as well for playing along 😊

Speaking of, I suppose I've given people more than enough time to get caught up... expect a drawing for the gift card in the next couple of days!

Back