Magnolia Record Club

My package got here yesterday. Mt Joy seems like a solid sophomore albums. Finishing up a first spin of Little Comets, I don’t hate it, but it’s definitely not my favorite thing I’ve gotten from MRC. Seems a little Vampire Weekend-lite to me.

My package got here yesterday. Mt Joy seems like a solid sophomore albums. Finishing up a first spin of Little Comets, I don’t hate it, but it’s definitely not my favorite thing I’ve gotten from MRC. Seems a little Vampire Weekend-lite to me.

I really wish they would do some lesser known country artists for their Discovery pick sometimes.

As an aside, for those who were thinking of swapping out Phoebe for personal taste reasons (as opposed to having another copy somewhere else), Punisher is out a day early for listening and it's a true accomplishment. Worth listening to (unless you want to be unspoiled) before making that call to swap out.

1593094679671.png

Just got Mt Joy in the mail. Unfortunately, it’s warped just as bad as Jason Isbell was. I have to opt out of the subscription service until shipping gets back to normal. These records are spending too long in hot trucks or in USPS facilities with things stacked on them.

I like the idea of Magnolia and will be back some day, but 3 for 3 is too much for me. It’s a shame, because I know it’s not their fault.

1593447058382.png

This Pre-Order comes with an exclusive signed postcard from places Charley has traveled on a recent music video shoot!

1593580199163.jpeg
JULY 2020
Total Freedom - Kathleen Edwards
Ships between August 1-7
The Record
Total Freedom, the new album by the acclaimed Kathleen Edwards, is her first in eight years.
The Canadian singer-songwriter enjoyed global success and inspired a whole generation of Americana artists before that was even a term. Could there be a Brandi Carlile or a Margo Price or a Jason Isbell without a Kathleen Edwards? We’re not sure.
We welcome Kathleen Edwards back with this exclusive vinyl pressing for our club members.
Join by July 31st to get the silver vinyl!

THIS MONTH'S DISCOVERY: COURTNEY MARIE ANDREWS
cma050014-courtney-marie-andrews-old-flowers-12-vinyl-black-blac-d-5e5d403e-400x342.png

Add Old Flowers (Signed Vinyl) to your box!

View attachment 54588
JULY 2020
Ships between August 1-7
The Record
Total Freedom, the new album by the acclaimed Kathleen Edwards, is her first in eight years.
The Canadian singer-songwriter enjoyed global success and inspired a whole generation of Americana artists before that was even a term. Could there be a Brandi Carlile or a Margo Price or a Jason Isbell without a Kathleen Edwards? We’re not sure.
We welcome Kathleen Edwards back with this exclusive vinyl pressing for our club members.
View attachment 54588
JULY 2020
Ships between August 1-7
The Record
😀

This is honestly the best month for MRC in a long time IMO.
Not sure if I'll unpause my sub just yet since I have the Andrews indie exclusive pre-ordered but I'm tempted to jump back on board for the signed copy instead.

This is the most excited I’ve been for a MRC record. Edwards is Dualtone’s best snag since Guy Clark. She is amazing. I’m glad I went with my hunch that a lack of preorder or variant meant we would get it as ROTM.

I thought we might get McKenna this month and Edwards next month. Means we are probably getting the new Needtobreathe next month if I was guessing then. Very strong month from VMP this month and another month with no comps. No comps this year which is awesome, hoping this trend continues.

Hey there. I am in the UK and a member of VMP and Secretly so I get how the whole record club thing works but with Magnolia what is the best way for me to try and pick up the Phoebe Bridgers Punisher variant?
Do they make previous ROTM’s available for general sale to non members after a certain amount of time? Could anyone pick one up and I’ll pay whatever it costs to send to Scotland?

Thanks
Mark

Back