Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

Any signs of January records ..Bell X1?

They dispatch approx a week after payment on 1st so with that being a bank holiday I’d say tomorrow is the earliest possible dispatch. Likely receive them next week or more likely the week after.

given that they’re not due to be dispatched until pretty much today at the earliest that’s harsh

Condidering what I’ve said on other posts on this forum I don’t find that a particularly harsh comment. In fact considering what you’ve said on other posts I don’t find that a harsh comment. The reality is on the website today on 9th January they are advertising ‘Featured albums in December’ and as an online platform they need to be up to date on that front.

Condidering what I’ve said on other posts on this forum I don’t find that a particularly harsh comment. In fact considering what you’ve said on other posts I don’t find that a harsh comment. The reality is on the website today on 9th January they are advertising ‘Featured albums in December’ and as an online platform they need to be up to date on that front.

Their announcements have never been on the first of the months, they’re always been 5/6/7. With this being the first working week of the year I’d not be surprised if it wasn‘t until early next week. I think thanks fine.

I’ve been more generous with this club than VMP , but if this month goes wrong I’m gonna have to bail, I can’t currently access their site since they closed the U.K. website as the Dublin website doesn’t recognise my account, so I have to run it via email requests ... not great..

I’ve been more generous with this club than VMP , but if this month goes wrong I’m gonna have to bail, I can’t currently access their site since they closed the U.K. website as the Dublin website doesn’t recognise my account, so I have to run it via email requests ... not great..

Yeah now that’s not ideal. I dunno what the idea behind running two websites was in the first place to be honest, doesn’t seem too clever for a small operation. If they can’t move the data across I’d have thought they’d have just wiped your uk account and had you sign up fresh to the main site.

I have images of you running down to your postbox every morning, then your sad face as Bell X1 hasn’t arrived, like the little boy who Christmas forgot.
My experience of this club was long delays, not receiving the album I ordered (Childish Gambino) and instead getting a standard pressing of a record I could have picked up for £10, slow customer response time and a lack of information from email or social media. I hope that’s changed as the customer service people sounded nice, but then again the much condemned VMP have pleasant customer service people too.
For the record, those are 3 very good picks by LovesVinyl for December (January? They should advertise this differently). I’ve seen Junior Brother and he is an interesting young Irish artist, Diamond Dogs is a classic and Bell X1 is @Gavaxeman ’s baby. I hope for all members (but especially @Gavaxeman ) that they get these records out without hitches.

I have images of you running down to your postbox every morning, then your sad face as Bell X1 hasn’t arrived, like the little boy who Christmas forgot.
My experience of this club was long delays, not receiving the album I ordered (Childish Gambino) and instead getting a standard pressing of a record I could have picked up for £10, slow customer response time and a lack of information from email or social media. I hope that’s changed as the customer service people sounded nice, but then again the much condemned VMP have pleasant customer service people too.
For the record, those are 3 very good picks by LovesVinyl for December (January? They should advertise this differently). I’ve seen Junior Brother and he is an interesting young Irish artist, Diamond Dogs is a classic and Bell X1 is @Gavaxeman ’s baby. I hope for all members (but especially @Gavaxeman ) that they get these records out without hitches.

it’s been a weird one here. The first four months were excellent, then they went a bit tits up for 3 months and then the next 3 months have been fine again! I’ve always enjoyed the months where they’ve exposed me to good local artists much better than the collection builder months, more of that and less old stuff would keep me happy!

Think my record had an attempted delivery today. Waiting at post office till tomorrow. Anyone else get theres ?

Think my record had an attempted delivery today. Waiting at post office till tomorrow. Anyone else get theres ?

No not yet, unless it arrived in the office late and didn’t make it’s way up from the post room before I left!

Ahh my mistake, thought id covered all potential arrivals but i forgot about one extra roughtrade parcel delivery. No LovesVinyl as yet.

Thought id send them an email, got this response.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're going to be announcing our Jan albums tomorrow - sorry for the delay. We're just finalizing some details on one title.

Apologies for the delay with our Dec boxes, we will be sending out a mail explaining the delays there. We're doing everything we can to ship end of this week.

January Picks

that’s me out, already have Moondance and never heard of the other two. Must say I’m hugely disappointed they went with moondance, I mean who that’s interested in van the man doesn’t already own that one!

57BA274D-0C79-4C39-9565-92BD61D6E525.jpeg58F72352-692B-4B68-91B3-73D4D2B7E0E4.jpeg24581EDC-5908-45AB-8495-3E488A6EB042.jpeg

Back