Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

Ah man. If you don't have yours yet then nobody will have them.
You're pretty close right?
Give them a knock and tell them to get a wriggle on. This Geordie wants to know what Unfijished Sympathy sound like through his Dali's!!😁😁

Yeah I get it sent to work which is only 3 miles from the factory so yeah I’m usually first haha!

I was charged over the weekend for membership when I asked to cancel around the 2nd of September. When I contacted was told I could get a refund or stick to membership if I wanted a free record. I’m just going to cancel, i’d Like a copy of Childish Gambino but I already have Blondie and Metallica so that’s not enough of a temptation for me. It would be less get a free record than get a free duplicate.

So got it cancelled and cancelled my August order too. Hope these guys have luck and know they are starting out but the EPs haven’t received many/any plays chez Murfocakes and I can pick up the albums i’m missing for less.

€22 is the outside of EU customs limit yeah? If a vinyl coming from US is €22.05 all in they can charge duties am I right? I asked seller on Ebay to just leave it at 22 euro without the .05 and they went on a rant 😂

Edit: I think the vat works out less than 6 euro so wont be collected but if UPS or someone is delivering it fuckers will charge all sorts

€22 is the outside of EU customs limit yeah? If a vinyl coming from US is €22.05 all in they can charge duties am I right? I asked seller on Ebay to just leave it at 22 euro without the .05 and they went on a rant 😂

Edit: I think the vat works out less than 6 euro so wont be collected but if UPS or someone is delivering it fuckers will charge all sorts

It is €22 but customs include the postage in the calculation because they’re a bunch of bastards, well that and because it’s the law haha!

It is €22 but customs include the postage in the calculation because they’re a bunch of bastards, well that and because it’s the law haha!
Yeah this was 22.05 with free postage the .05 tips it over 😂 but 23% of 22.05 is less than €6 euro so they say they wont collect I should be ok. Customs is a bitch. UPS overcharged me by 16 euro and it took 4 months of emails and phone calls to get it back

Have to say im a little unimpressed with lack of August update. Especially given they charged me for Sept.
I wanna keep the faith but they need to at least update us. Preferably send me some vinyl tho !

Have to say im a little unimpressed with lack of August update. Especially given they charged me for Sept.
I wanna keep the faith but they need to at least update us. Preferably send me some vinyl tho !
I think They charge you every month on the same date you first joined. I havent been charged yet, this thursday for me. I'm waiting on Queen from last month myself

I got my refund for both September charge and August. Those August records are well late now and the one I was down for (Michael Kiwanuka) is only £9.99 on Sound of Vinyl (as is Elbow and a few others). So if I really wanted I could get Elbow, Michael and Nevermind for a similar cost to one month membership.

I got my refund for both September charge and August. Those August records are well late now and the one I was down for (Michael Kiwanuka) is only £9.99 on Sound of Vinyl (as is Elbow and a few others). So if I really wanted I could get Elbow, Michael and Nevermind for a similar cost to one month membership.

I saw that myself and there was a super delux Elbow offering pretty cheap on SoV recently. I stopped myself when i realised if it wasnt a Loves Vinyl pick i wouldnt be buying an Elbow LP.
It was Super Delux tho !!!!..........

I saw that myself and there was a super delux Elbow offering pretty cheap on SoV recently. I stopped myself when i realised if it wasnt a Loves Vinyl pick i wouldnt be buying an Elbow LP.
It was Super Delux tho !!!!..........

Yes, If I hadn’t got Metallica, Paul’s Boutique and all the others it would have been more of a draw. Any of you get your August parcel?

Yes, If I hadn’t got Metallica, Paul’s Boutique and all the others it would have been more of a draw. Any of you get your August parcel?

I’ve been onto them. They’ve promised me more information tomorrow. Doesn’t sound great tbh.

Just got an Email to say boxes will be out by next week. They moved to a new IT service to fulfil the growing customer base and it hit some initial teething issues

Just got an Email to say boxes will be out by next week. They moved to a new IT service to fulfil the growing customer base and it hit some initial teething issues
same here.
Not a moment too soon i’d say

This week is nearly over. Very slow. This hasn’t been great

No it really hasn’t. The fact that they don’t do dispatch emails doesn’t help either, if you knew it’d gone out you’d at least relax a little.

Last edited:
Back